• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

Guys......I know this isn't SNE but check this Blizzard Warning out of Sacramento.......this is the shit I miss so much......a blizzy here isn't a blizzy there it would seem.....lol

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ069&warncounty=CAC017&firewxzone=CAZ269&local_place1=19 Miles E Placerville CA&product1=Blizzard+Warning&lat=38.6842&lon=-120.4389

Edit: It goes from Thursday to Sunday lol.......have you ever.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Guys......I know this isn't SNE but check this Blizzard Warning out of Sacramento.......this is the shit I miss so much......a blizzy here isn't a blizzy there it would seem.....lol

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=CAZ069&warncounty=CAC017&firewxzone=CAZ269&local_place1=19 Miles E Placerville CA&product1=Blizzard+Warning&lat=38.6842&lon=-120.4389

Lol

WHAT...Extremely dangerous to impossible travel from blizzard
  conditions Friday into Saturday morning. Total snow
  accumulations of 5 to 10 feet above 5000 feet, with 1 to 4 feet
  above 3000 feet from Thursday through Sunday morning. Minor
  accumulations down to around 2000 feet. Winds gusting as high as
  65 mph.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Wow. Here's a snip of the NWS forecast for Soda Springs, CA up by Donner Pass. Going and going and going...

Screenshot 2024-02-27 235527.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Wow. Here's a snip of the NWS forecast for Soda Springs, CA up by Donner Pass. Going and going and going...

Its freakin crazy dood.......I saw this stuff on the regular back in my college years at UC Davis.......drove up and back a ton of times in all kinds of weather.......this one seems especially crazy....good totals this year

5 hours ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

There's some beautiful houses in Soda Springs and the surrounding areas... I drool over them on Zillow. Husband would kill me if we moved somewhere that got that much snow :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I'm over it....the way I look at it is stretches of winters like this are akin to paying taxes....necessary evil.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah absolutely.  Thats why I keep thinking there has to be some background atmospheric circulation pattern that isn’t directly related to just a warming world.  And at some point it needs to or will shake up to get us out of this “warm eddy” or whatever. 

Other way around - replace "isn't" with is

• Like 1

Man, the wide eyed slack-jawed expression of the Chicagoan warm weather enthusiast has got to be a hilarious sight to behold as they stand there gazing in disbelief. 

50 F colder today than yesterday.   That's just not fair hahaha

I mean, the "cimate cold front" is typically a 25 F correction.  They're getting double-donged for this quota. 

Although... actually, big short term corrections are more common out there in the Plains.  I remember my grandmother once told me of going to a matinee one Sunday back circa 1940s, down in Dallas Texas.  She was telling me about the so -called "Blue Norther"   She said it was close to 80 when they entered the movie house, and just 19 when they left ... donned in summer apparel. "Your grandfather was wearing just a short-sleeved shirt."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

Burlington has reached 60° for a record-tying second time in February. Two-thirds of all 60° or above February days have occurred since 2000.

image.png.ac4bcd159329f36cdd8f511623348d29.png

From 1884-2016 their warmest Feb temp was 62°. Since then…

69° 2/21/18

63° 2/23/17

72° 2/25/17

65° 2/27/24

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Ridiculously warm here, 57-58 degrees, the snow pack has been decimated.

I live on a dirt road and it's so thawed and muddy, cars and trucks are sinking 6 inches. I didn't leave my house today because there is a part of the road I don't think my car will make it through. Should solidify overnight and while the ruts will freeze in place, I should be able to get to and from my house