• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There's gotta be some zonked members in the EPS's 00z mean.  The 500 mb height cinema of 22 - 24th certainly casts that allusion.  One gets the easy impression of some big power diving over the Lakes and ending up around the Del Marva.  It's probably like 2/3rds of them don't and have some other less savory or distracting type solutions in general, but there's definitely something weighting the mean enough to create this, which is (btw) a whopper signal from 200 hours out - the last time I saw a signal this coherent at this range was 2015.

eps_lowlocs_us_34.png

That said, the GEFs and GEPs are tepid by comparison.  They both end up with coastal huggers ( the 06z trending away from yesterday's BTV route) , but paltry surface solutions are emerging from their mean.  They do, however, cinema the 500 mb deepening spanning that time, so ... mm plenty of room for an emergence there.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s def some big hits on the EPS individual members but there’s plenty of northing too and a few rain events as well. Hopefully that threat becomes a bit more coherent. 

I see you guys beat me to it....my bad on the redundancy...sometimes I just post before reading. haha

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I see you guys beat me to it....my bad on the redundancy...sometimes I just post before reading. haha

I always do  ha.   too many pages, bro -

I figure I'll lace my offering with inimitable charm and folks will either appreciate it, move on ... or secretly appreciate it but because they covet an ambrosia of dark spectrum issues, try to slide passive trolling under the radar - but either way, the saga goes on

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

We definitely take the 12Z HRRR down here in southern CT, would be solid advisory snows. Seems like it bumped way north and stronger with the SLP, but we all know how that model is

hrrr-hartford-total_precip_inch-8218000.png

Watch high def RGEM. Was the first and consistent with the CT megaband.

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah, ...unfortunately marginal - but as you intimate with coherence it's not really something to grouse over at this range.

The 850 mb (EPS mean) has an intense gradient couplet bisecting right through here - which is tantalizingly the spring bomb climatology thing

eps_T850a_us_33.png

Honestly I don’t want to see the perfect setup.  I want it to emerge slowly and become more coherent as it gets closer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The clipper is coming through.  Probably going to hit double digits.  Snowing very hard.

Rare photo of myself this AM.

IMG_5808.thumb.jpeg.f3b2df5287dd5d9914aae1334ffcef4f.jpeg

“Sneaky pattern for NNE/upslope areas” i mentioned yesterday. There’s more in the pipeline up there over the next few days. Another clipper there Sunday/Sunday night and then maybe a weak disturbance wed/Thu

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

1.25"

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

2.1" thanks to 30:1 ratio.  Most fell in the 2 hours prior to sunrise.  First big gust will be a 30-second blizzard.

Season total passes 2005-06 and 2020-21, so now only the 4th lowest.  (Only 3.2" under the average total thru 2/16, however.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1