• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes, as you know these new suspensions are most impressive now a days. Newer Sleds can vacuum up alot of nastiness that used to be  lousy trail conditions.  But if the trails get really whooped out, then it can still be tough.  But if clubs keep up on things, and temps stay cool, that kind of crap doesn’t happen all too often in the areas where clubs are on top of things. 

It was -4°F when i left Eustis this morning, They would be extremely fast early today as the were yesterday, We left to go ride early yesterday and it was single digits and trails were flat/fast, Took my sled up to 100mph on Mooselook Meguntic yesterday.

IMG_4133.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

For sne, it’s really unusual for a winter to flip mid February on.  2006-07 kind of did but more for NNE.  1959-60 growing up in NNJ had the most epic flip with a rock em sock em March after a crappy winter for a 13 year old snow lover.

93 man

Screenshot_20240204_115918_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

It was -4°F when i left Eustis this morning, They would be extremely fast early today as the were yesterday, We left to go ride early yesterday and it was single digits and trails were flat/fast, Took my sled up to 100mph on Mooselook Meguntic yesterday.

IMG_4133.jpg

Awesome.  Looks very good.  Sounds like you’re liking your new machine.  That’s a beautiful thing.

My buds went up Thursday to our cabin in Sinclair/Cross lake, and rode out to River De Loop on the St Lawrence in Quebec. They stayed overnight at Hotel Levesque, and rode/looped back to N Maine yesterday.  They said it was fabulous.  Was bummed I couldn’t make it this go around(work responsibilities), but I’ll get up again soon.  Your pictures looked great. 

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2018 2013 made good comebacks. 

Yes…I wax thinking of those two as well.  Hey, as you said and I feel the same way, let’s hope we can grab a few opportunities and capitalize on them. If we can, it’ll take a lot of this current sting away some. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

2018 2013 made good comebacks. 

What?    2017-18 had a big dump in January, epic cold for weeks leading up to it, a spectacularly warm February but with some snow, and an epic March.   2012-13 had a great March but the snow part of that winter was decent from December on.   But given February and March it was certainly back loaded.  I’m talking about the rarity of a full on ratter flipping late in the game.

Maritime storm update. Snowfall in my place is 15” (38cms) and still snowing. Probably will get a 20 spot out of this. Cape Breton destroyed. It’s Sydney’s White Juan. 2-3ft down and 1-2ft to go. This will be a generational storm for eastern parts of NS. Chase worthy.

I was curious what would happen if an atmospheric river set up in winter. Now I know. Pic from Cape Breton with lots to go. Wild. c61cdcb98c7e4b30b1389bcf512de86f.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Awesome.  Looks very good.  Sounds like you’re liking your new machine.  That’s a beautiful thing.

My buds went up Thursday to our cabin in Sinclair/Cross lake, and rode out to River De Loop on the St Lawrence in Quebec. They stayed overnight at Hotel Levesque, and rode/looped back to N Maine yesterday.  They said it was fabulous.  Was bummed I couldn’t make it this go around(work responsibilities), but I’ll get up again soon.  Your pictures looked great. 

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

It was free weekend in Quebec. One day I’ll get up there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

2007 has the biggest turn around percentage wise

From cherry blossoms in January to deep cold late month through March.  I remember flying out of Logan around 3/5/07 with temperatures in the single numbers which by then is not common.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

What?    2017-18 had a big dump in January, epic cold for weeks leading up to it, a spectacularly warm February but with some snow, and an epic March.   2012-13 had a great March but the snow part of that winter was decent from December on.   But given February and March it was certainly back loaded.  I’m talking about the rarity of a full on ratter flipping late in the game.

Ok you tell.me which full ratter turned.  Snow 2 -12 to 5-01 and  11-01 to 2-12

Screenshot_20240204_121442_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240204_121548_Chrome.jpg

I don’t follow this line of thinking .. come Feb 15th we will have lost 2.5 out of 3 winter months. The vast majority of SNE has seen 15” of snow or less. You don’t save or salvage that type of winter. It’s lost. You can however get some snow to pad the stats to make it seem or “appear” better than it was. Thats really all that we are doing/ hoping. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t follow this line of thinking .. come Feb 15th we will have lost 2.5 out of 3 winter months. The vast majority of SNE has seen 15” of snow or less. You don’t save or salvage that type of winter. It’s lost. You can however get some snow to pad the stats to make it seem or “appear” better than it was. Thats really all that we are doing/ hoping. 

Yea. It’s a lost season. Whatever we receive from the 15th onward, we will enjoy and embrace of course, but it won’t be enough to wash away another terrible winter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don't take the weenie hope. It's all they have.

Comparing this to 12-13 isn’t a good analog. Most people got a nice December storm that year and we had some nice cold settling in for late Jan and we were staring down the barrel of Nemo in the first week of Feb. We’re already past the point that season was making its comeback.

I think the best anyone in SNE can hope for at this point is a couple of swings at a large ticket event. You can toss retention and all that other stuff out the window, it’s not happening.

My guess is for SNE, we end up with a 7-10 day window with a couple of shots, then it’s over.

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What line of thinking? No one said salvage.

21 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Snow in later Feb. and March and beyond (since that's the earliest we'd have any shot at sig snowfall) is about salvaging outlooks, stats and egos at that point.  April '97 made that an epic "winter" right..it was mediocre

Yea unless you enjoy winter sports and not just a Charlie Brown window watcher I guess. Best time of year is when you all give up on it. Just like summer. 

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Comparing this to 12-13 isn’t a good analog. Most people got a nice December storm that year and we had some nice cold settling in for late Jan and we were staring down the barrel of Nemo in the first week of Feb. We’re already past the point that season was making its comeback.

I think the best anyone in SNE can hope for at this point is a couple of swings at a large ticket event. You can toss retention and all that other stuff out the window, it’s not happening.

My guess is for SNE, we end up with a 7-10 day window with a couple of shots, then it’s over.

Orh has had 31 inches this year so far..is it a ratter there?

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

See I sort of agree but a winter turn around like 2007 would disagree.  February, March, April all featured monster storms and big snows up here.  Got like 6 feet in April 2007 at the ski area.

Valentines Day, St Patty’s Day, Tax Day, etc.  All had high-end storms mixed with a lot of smaller events.

If it turns around enough it can erase Dec/Jan.  But it needs to be sustained over two full months or more.

• Like 1