• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I haven't felt this hopeless in a long time...I feel like this winter has one more swing at producing in a big way. I can't remember a pattern so exotic that was so unlikely to pay dividends. 

Ya, we need something to come through for  us. Something that gives us a good region wide snow event that gets all of us involved.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I haven't felt this hopeless in a long time...I feel like this winter has one more swing at producing in a big way. I can't remember a pattern so exotic that was so unlikely to pay dividends. 

As I was formulating my winter thoughts this fall and saw what I saw.. I felt hopeless . That’s why I enjoy these small events 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey maybe we can write the whole month of February off by this afternoon, after the EPS comes out. 

I’m with you, it’s hard to write off Feb 1-14 that’s peak climo. The pattern doesn’t look like an all out torch so I’d lean that there will be something to at least track whether it’s a hit/miss  or light/moderate event  I’m sure something will creep up.  Then the weenie set up we’ve all been waiting for is now Feb 12th ish to early March. Let’s see I’m not sold on any great pattern setting up since one hasn’t set up in over 2 years. 

• Like 3

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, you never really know....part of the fun of it.

Blows man. I get it . We’re about to turn the calendar to last month of winter. And not much to show . I miss the old days. So when I see 1-3” , I enjoy it because it’s better than rain or nothing. That’s just me 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I’m with you, it’s hard to write off Feb 1-14 that’s peak climo. The pattern doesn’t look like an all out torch so I’d lean that there will be something to at least track whether it’s a hit/miss  or light/moderate event  I’m sure something will creep up.  Then the weenie set up we’ve all been waiting for is now Feb 12th ish to early March. Let’s see I’m not sold on any great pattern setting up since one hasn’t set up in over 2 years. 

lol nothing changes in two weeks, how can you constantly be wrong and continue doing the same thing

23 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

why is he just allowed to bad mouth meteorologists like that? without as much as a suspension? 

Well the five posts do give us a little bit of entertainment lol.  I appreciate your participation and contributions.  And Seymour’s too.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

why is he just allowed to bad mouth meteorologists like that? without as much as a suspension? 

I'm not sure why he's allowed to make any posts on here. It's not about someone having an opinion on being able to share their thoughts. He has zero constructive input. He has nothing to bring to the table.

I'm not sure who is the moderator is on here, but nothing is being done and nothing will be done ( and that's not meant to be a jab to any of the moderators ). Most people just let it go because he's just not worth anyone's energy.

I think as of today it’s not unreasonable to call it a ratter given whats in the near term.  I don’t think anyone should be chided for throwing it in.  Hitting peak climo in the position we are in…Winter never had a chance.

image.gif.538d750f416332495c19d36d408c35be.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm probably going to be around 25 or 26" for Jan by dawn tomorrow... 

so will more than less of the front yards between here and say Auburn, east of the Worcester terrain.   I'd say that's not doing too bad for one month in winter.   I get it the Dec didn't deliver - that and the last 3 or 4 years et al is an automatic indictment on this season.  Nerves are fried for patience.   ...But knowing this group of "addicts,"  ...  this attitude would spurn whenever there isn't a regular diet of d-drip model candy LOL.

Anyway, the next 2 weeks don't look like closed shades to me personally.  I don't see a major signal depot out there at this time, no. However, the general telecon projections offer a static modestly +PNA, while both the EPO and AO cyclically drop toward neutral...  That strikes me as a layout supporting/potential for sub-index scaling for the event tracking. 

• Thanks 1

I've noticed that for some reason its extremely difficult to get big snowstorms on days that are abnormally cold. Typically we only get clipper systems when its super cold. I'm assuming that this is due to cold air generally having less ambient moisture? These are the top five coldest days (by average temperature) in which PVD received six or more inches of snowfall:

1). 01/16/1965 - 8.0F - 6.4 in

2). 01/22/2005 - 12.5F - 7.0 in

3). 02/07/1967 - 13.5F - 7.3 in

4). 01/10/1942 - 14.5F - 6.8 in

5). 01/20/1961 - 15.0F - 8.2 in  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Regression is a bitch. Soak it in.

Soaked being the appropriate term for this winter. Most winter outlooks had it warmer, less snowy and somewhat above average precipitation. Not sure I saw any outlooks with all this rain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'm not sure why he's allowed to make any posts on here. It's not about someone having an opinion on being able to share their thoughts. He has zero constructive input. He has nothing to bring to the table.

I'm not sure who is the moderator is on here, but nothing is being done and nothing will be done ( and that's not meant to be a jab to any of the moderators ). Most people just let it go because he's just not worth anyone's energy.

:(