• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

8 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, my favorite part of the GFS is how it ends with a cutter around February 10th after Fujiwaraing about 9 ULLs all around us....and that is a high probability outcome.....that is happening, folks. Absolute synoptic sodomy on full display. I'm sure I'll awaken to weenies amidst conciliatory and defensive lectures about the uncertainty around day 10 model runs, blah, blah...but where the uncertainty lies is with respect to whether or not the mid Atlantic/se cashes in on this and just how epic it will be. But what I do know is that we aren't getting d1ck form that OMEGA block. Yet another high-end potential that we are going to come away empty handed on and it makes me just want to kick Mother Nature right in the fu**ing teeth. I'm not saying winter is over, but what I am saying is that this is another useless pattern that is ostensibly full of potential....kind of like the Red Sox "interest" in any free agent with a pulse and modicum of skill.

image.jpeg.62a2a258577273c6d616e3d4630f9e4d.jpeg

• Haha 1

There is nothing I hate more than strong or super ninos. They flat out SUCK here, I’ll take my chances with a raging nina over this garbage. At least Ninas are good for ski areas. Snowman19, qqomega, and yes the Pope were right about this winter. Missing storms to the north, ok that’s supposed to happen. Snow in the mid Atlantic is a waste because it all melts in a week. Snow up north is actually useful because it sticks around and results in better skiing conditions.

• Weenie 4

Man, my favorite part of the GFS is how it ends with a cutter around February 10th after Fujiwaraing about 9 ULLs all around us....and that is a high probability outcome.....that is happening, folks. Absolute synoptic sodomy on full display. I'm sure I'll awaken to weenies amidst conciliatory and defensive lectures about the uncertainty around day 10 model runs, blah, blah...but where the uncertainty lies is with respect to whether or not the mid Atlantic/se cashes in on this and just how epic it will be. But what I do know is that we aren't getting d1ck form that OMEGA block. Yet another high-end potential that we are going to come away empty handed on and it makes me just want to kick Mother Nature right in the fu**ing teeth. I'm not saying winter is over, but what I am saying is that this is another useless pattern that is ostensibly full of potential....kind of like the Red Sox "interest" in any free agent with a pulse and modicum of skill.

This is the post I needed to read this morning. 

Well put. Thanks for the melt. We’ve been chewing on razor blades around here but we’re too drunk and high to notice the bleeding anymore. Everyting is fine…

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, George001 said:

There is nothing I hate more than strong or super ninos. They flat out SUCK here, I’ll take my chances with a raging nina over this garbage. At least Ninas are good for ski areas. Snowman19, qqomega, and yes the Pope were right about this winter. Missing storms to the north, ok that’s supposed to happen. Snow in the mid Atlantic is a waste because it all melts in a week. Snow up north is actually useful because it sticks around and results in better skiing conditions.

It's a good thing neither's been registered in/as the atmospheric response to the ENSO then, huh 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm starting to lose hope for this season ...we need something major to happen quickly mid month, or else this is destined to be another terd. Can't keep waiting patterns like this.

Be glad you got that great storm on the 7th. This has felt exactly the way last year did for me. It fucking blows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm starting to lose hope for this season in terms of sniffing climo snowfall ...we need something major to happen quickly mid month, or else this is destined to be another terd. Can't keep waiting patterns like this.

Definitely. We should get another favorable period but the clock is ticking and I don’t see anything epic.