• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

This light snow adds up especially now that the sun is lower, and the temp is down to 29.

4.5". Had I properly measured it would probably be 5. Outside shot of getting there.

Looking forward to tomorrow with the wind, blowing snow, and temps in the 20s. Should have a deep winter look and feel. Will probably see snow devils in the open fields.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Didn't realize you were over in Charles Town. You used to be in MRB correct? We almost moved to Kearneysville 2 years ago before the move to Carroll Valley. Now our company is helping with the new water system acquisition there in Jefferson County. 

yep, we moved about 10 years ago. Charles Town is a nice town.

visibility back down to 1/4th mile with larger, more feathery flakes now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

We already did Tug and then that trip you and I took to north of Pittsburgh but we were desperate that winter. 

Yeah it was fun.. there are 74"+ reports coming out near Buffalo. All you need is a strong -NAO or -EPO arctic airmass. If we go into a La Nina next Winter in the heart of this -PDO or whatever it is, it might be a good Winter to go north at some point. Going out on the frozen ice mounds on the lake was fun too, in the heavy wind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Yeah it was fun.. there are 74"+ reports coming out near Buffalo. All you need is a strong -NAO or -EPO arctic airmass. If we go into a La Nina next Winter in the heart of this -PDO or whatever it is, it might be a good Winter to go north at some point. Going out on the frozen ice mounds on the lake was fun too. 

Historically, I'm pretty sure they don't do as well with ninos up there.

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

5.4”, 0.1” last hour. That looks like it pending streamers. Snow peaking through even it is still snowing very lightly.

Yeah, I'm done with this. Driveway is almost completely melted after I shoveled a few hours ago. Been basically nothing since 11. Let's see if we can get under some nice streamers. Looks like they might be a bit too far west and northwest but we shall see.