Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Snow on Snow: the this always works until it doesn't thread

psuhoffman

Slow down, you move too fast. 

I guess the NAm map could be accurate as a nowcast but bear in mind, where it shows near-zero snow n.w. of Idaho panhandle we have 18" on ground and it's still snowing now. So I wonder about its accuracy downstream into places where snow is just starting. I would expect parts of ID and WY to get almost same as here.

• Like 1

Just now, Solution Man said:

Precip shield similar to NAM

I think the Icon and Euro smoothing things out while the mesoscale models NAM is picking up on individual dynamic possibilities like ascent over a norlun trough Mason Dixon Line points ENE. Looks like 1-3" Dc to Baltimore then 5+ where the convergence is taking place somewhere between Mason Dixon Line to Trenton NJ to the Jersey Coast. 

1 minute ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I think the Icon and Euro smoothing things out while the mesoscale models NAM is picking up on individual dynamic possibilities like ascent over a norlun trough Mason Dixon Line points ENE. Looks like 1-3" Dc to Baltimore then 5+ where the convergence is taking place somewhere between Mason Dixon Line to Trenton NJ to the Jersey Coast. 

Sound very reasonable 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Sounds like a solid post for the Philly subforum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Deck Pic said:

There's not a lot of time left.  If we're going to see a shift south I'd love to see the GFS/Euro show it tonight

my analog for this storm is Jan 25

not sure of the year yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

There's not a lot of time left.  If we're going to see a shift south I'd love to see the GFS/Euro show it tonight

Maybe it’s the good vibes from Monday’s event, but I still think 1-2” for DC….probably closer to 1” but will freshen up the snowpack so don’t hate that.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic