• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

GB16. Jan 22 2016. Dale City got obliterated by 27 to 32 inches of snow. Wow when 40/70 Benchmark states what he mentioned above ------

You better get 300 Jebman Shovels. You better get 300 snow blowers.  You better get about 45000 IPA's. Stock up on food. You better buy the stores completely out of whatever you use to stay awake. Because we are gonna track the living hell out of this pattern and this storm, for all-time! Everything I record is going straight to Drive. I will be obsessively recording everything. Because we got us a loaded up for bear George BM jet stream! We are about to witness history in the making. Nobody better miss even one model run! This is gonna be bigger than the World Series, the Las Vegas SB and the frackin' Olympics all rolled into one badass extravaganza, for krise sake! And blast all those tracks that remind you of massive snows past!

• Like 1

GB16. Jan 22 2016. Dale City got obliterated by 27 to 32 inches of snow. Wow when 40/70 Benchmark states what he mentioned above ------
You better get 300 Jebman Shovels. You better get 300 snow blowers.  You better get about 45000 IPA's. Stock up on food. You better buy the stores completely out of whatever you use to stay awake. Because we are gonna track the living hell out of this pattern and this storm, for all-time! Everything I record is going straight to Drive. I will be obsessively recording everything. Because we got us a loaded up for bear George BM jetstream! We are about to witness history in the making. Nobody better miss even one model run! This is gonna be bigger than the World Series, the Las Vegas SB and the frackin' Olympics all rolled into one badass extravaganza, for Christ's sake! And blast all those tracks that remind you of massive snows past!
Good post!

For the banter thread!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Euro a bit more progressive at 00z and no storm near coast days 9-10 but cold signal remains, possibly just a jog in road to eventual snowfall event? 10-day Gem does bring in a potential snowfall of possibly 5-8" from an inland source rather than a coastal track. GFS so far not very promising. Lots of time for general improvements. Fingers crossed. 

The latest GFS runs are dumping even more NS energy southward ahead of the amplified central Canada ridge- ends up with a much sharper/further west trough and develops a bit of a low with some snow as it presses south. Ofc it completely crushes the southern wave as it progresses eastward.

1706950800-MuTyfmqEaK4.png

1706950800-SPrXG3gmb3A.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

I was disappointed in the entire EPS run but will wait for the experts.  Seemed like a step back to me.  Not much progression and trough weakening as it heads east.  SER is holding tough.  But it is just one run.

IMG_3033.png

IMG_3034.png

Appears the undercutting trough developing under the block has slowed significantly the last 48 hours. Atlantic also looks different versus a couple days ago.  Maybe require a few additional days to get to a better pattern, or maybe the modeling is simply not correct. Waiting on others to chime in.   

• Like 1