Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

4 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Yea so I don’t think it’s gonna play out how the euro just spit out. Lol. Almost looks like march 4-6 2001 type vibe with both ULLs merging, but farther South. Still, have to monitor what happens with the shredder and the main wave. Delicate balance like I said before.

I was going to mention That date when I saw the 0z Euro and what it was doing with the wave break over the Northeast. Very similar in that regard.

I know this storm isn’t really allowed to be talked about here. I do think there was another system in the 90s that had a similar weird phase like this. It’s not impossible but I’m sure we’ll see it be completely different in 12 hours. Most likely scenario is it the southern low just gets swung out to sea with the shredder sitting there

e30bee13578d3fd6d286f44bfcc21a03.gif
298d2a26c7cdf4794657be617c3a7df3.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Leesburg awarded me a hotdog for my forecast. I award Leesburg a crazy unheard of phase with 8 days of torrential snow and historically unprecedented, Biblical snow accumulations.

Are you referring to a BECS coming out of this pattern?! :o

• Weenie 1

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Are you referring to a BECS coming out of this pattern?! :o

This is one crazy pattern. You were 80 degrees yesterday. Those models are telling us something.  Jet stream is setting up to go full-on George BM. We got one hell of a Nino. We are not just gonna get entertained.  We are gonna get demolished by snow in DC.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z EPS.  I will root for that low off our coast to be the dominant low...seems like the models are still trying to figure this one out.. 

IMG_3022.png

There are 50 lows in 50 different places- from Missouri to Maine to Florida to halfway out into the Atlantic.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z EPS.  I will root for that low off our coast to be the dominant low...seems like the models are still trying to figure this one out.. 

IMG_3022.png

Which one of the 5 in the Atlantic on that map are you speaking of??

1 hour ago, Weather Will said:

It is going to be a very long month if we ( because I do it too) take anything too seriously beyond 5 days on the globals.  They all do a poor job on details at that range....

let's see what EPS does...

Makes people mad to talk “models bad” 

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Really early, but I'm wondering if this is gonna be something we wanna will north but it just runs into a wall (the block?) because it has no room to climb.

At this juncture there is no way guidance has the wave timing/interactions accurately depicted. We gotz time, as solution man just said.

• Like 3