Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

20 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

That's odd. I'm seeing a different map for the same map time.

This map is event total.  The map you might be referring to is Monday 7:00am until tomorrow, which shows less since some has fallen already, especially down in the SW portions of the lwx area

On school alerts:

I think the preliminary decisions for the lowlanders (Arlington/Alexandria/Falls Church/Fairfax) won't come until after 4 pm, and may start off as school delays rather than school closings. ((Have to save it up for Febrruary...))

PW and Loudoun may start off sooner, and may go straight to closings, as they have higher elevations.

22 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Did you get anything overnight up your way?  I've got a solid coating and even untreated roads are snow covered.  Beautiful day!

No. Was too dry. Dews were single digits 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arlwx12 said:

On school alerts:

I think the preliminary decisions for the lowlanders (Arlington/Alexandria/Falls Church/Fairfax) won't come until after 4 pm, and may start off as school delays rather than school closings. ((Have to save it up for Febrruary...))

PW and Loudoun may start off sooner, and may go straight to closings, as they have higher elevations.

My kids had a half day because of rain and wind. I think it's a given that they will be out of school tomorrow if temps are below freezing tomorrow morning. 

7 minutes ago, arlwx12 said:

And there IS the virtual learning option ((except for places with patchy communications on "good" days)).

Fairfax announced this fall that they won’t do virtual on snow days this year. Not sure about other districts. 

• Like 2