• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential extensive winter event, I-95 west and with again a chance for NYC first inch(es) of snow Mon or more likely Tue Jan 16, 2024 (serves as OBS thread as well)

wdrag

55 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 9 pm, we have a heavy dusting, i.e., about 1/8" of absolute pixie dust, fine grained snow, on all surfaces at 26F.

As of 10 pm, we're all the way up to 3/8", so 1/4" the past hour and down to 25F.  Obviously, still just snowing lightly, but some better returns are not far away.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Pretty rainy for LI. I’m ok with it, have dinner plans 

Was clear for a while that the best snow would be NW. Enjoy what we have for now and it shouldn’t be enough rain to wash it away. Dusting here at my house with light snow. The rain might just make it last longer anyway by freezing it into cement. 

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Was clear for a while that the best snow would be NW. Enjoy what we have for now and it shouldn’t be enough rain to wash it away. Dusting here at my house with light snow. The rain might just make it last longer anyway by freezing it into cement. 

Jeez just enjoy the snow

Smh

Storm seriously overperforming for DC/Balt as warnings were just issued for 4-6" of snow as 4" is already on the ground in the DC area and 3" in Baltimore.  Doesn't guarantee anything here, but it's also overperforming in the Philly/SNJ area, so there's a decent chance of CNJ/NNJ getting at least to the 2-4/3-5" forecast amounts (and maybe the high ends of those or beyond).  

https://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=PHI&wwa=winter%20storm%20warning

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

As of 10 pm, we're all the way up to 3/8", so 1/4" the past hour and down to 25F.  Obviously, still just snowing lightly, but some better returns are not far away.  

As of 11 pm, we're up to about 5/8" as another 1/4" fell the past hour. It's still 25F, but the snow has increased in intensity the last 10 minutes and it looks like that will continue for awhile, so hopefully we'll start doing better than 1/4" per hour.