Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/9-1/10 Now Morphing to Less-Than-Exciting Power Cutter

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Don't like that. I do have you down for 6-7, but I need CON to flip otherwise I may need to upgrade.

I’ll try to give you hourly updates. I’m a little concerned about a period of ZR. The trees are still full of snow from the other day too. 

1 minute ago, das said:

And, the more it snows, the more capacity the OTG snow has to absorb the upcoming rainfall without washing away. In a perfect world, the dryslot cuts off the spigot early. 

I think the ski areas are going to weather this fine.  Net gain.  Same with the next.  And then hopefuly the euro gives that depiction for the storm after because that's a perfectnorthern vt snowstorm going right over the canal.  Not holding my breath but would be nice

8 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I agree...same in Wantage...power flickering and Sussex Rural has outages Lake Pochung and Highland Lakes. Rough storm.

Anyone using radar scope... I think the DIXstorm total that I saw at 830PM looks very good when comparing with NJ climate rainfall for NJ. Big boy event. Keep yourself calm as things go downhill, 

2 minutes ago, das said:

And, the more it snows, the more capacity the OTG snow has to absorb the upcoming rainfall without washing away. In a perfect world, the dryslot cuts off the spigot early. 

If i manage to keep any after this one, Its probably gone on the next one.

15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Don't like that. I do have you down for 6-7, but I need CON to flip otherwise I may need to upgrade.

This prompted me to take a measure.  3" as well and "poundin" is probably a good way to describe it. 30F  Northwood, NH.

Full on blizzard conditions in Bretton Woods. I had to drive home from North Conway. I said a lot of prayers. I honestly was so scared. Couldn't see the road at all. And I drove that for over an hour and made it through Crawford Notch. The wind is swirling and making snownadoes and just giant snow swirls. The snow is accumulating in speed bump like structures on the road so drive was super bumpy. At times I had to stop in the road and wait for a tiny amount of visibility to come back. Most of the time I could only see about 5 feet in front of me, and then I had a few moments of absolute zero visibility where I just stopped and had to wait because the visibility had dropped to zero.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Full on blizzard conditions in Bretton Woods. I had to drive home from North Conway. I said a lot of prayers. I honestly was so scared. Couldn't see the road at all. And I drove that for over an hour and made it through Crawford Notch. The wind is swirling and making snownadoes and just giant snow swirls. The snow is accumulating in speed bump like structures on the road so drive was super bumpy. At times I had to stop in the road and wait for a tiny amount of visibility to come back. Most of the time I could only see about 5 feet in front of me, and then I had a few moments of absolute zero visibility where I just stopped and had to wait because the visibility had dropped to zero.

That’s awesome. 

Haddon Heights NJ- 6 miles east of Phila...Overperforming wind here. Gusting in 40's and 50's frequently. We are 55 miles inland. Power still on but flickering. "thin red line" on radar  to our southwest approaching. If that mixes down- we will know it quick. Its coming, NE folks...

• Like 1