• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/9-1/10 Now Morphing to Less-Than-Exciting Power Cutter

Torch Tiger

So for later today and tomorrow I have a Winter Weather Advisory, Flood Watch, High Wind Warning, Wind Chill Warning, Heat Advisory, Flash Freeze Warning, Migrating Geese Warning, and Wooly Caterpillar watch.  Does that sum things up?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

32 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s not like we haven’t seen it go from below zero to rain in less than a day. 

1/18/15 went from -2 at BML at 12Z to 43 15 hours later with ZR in the afternoon. (One of those fun "oh it's 18 and it's raining" kind of days.) I waited to drive Route 16 until it had gone to freezing. Many of those who hadn't spent some extra time in a ditch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The cold overperformed up here last night, Low was 4.5°F.

Years ago I had a landlord who was a third generation farmer. I remember him saying “it can be too cold to snow but it’s never too cold to rain”

I always wonder if he was talking about cutters. Lol

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, klw said:

So for later today and tomorrow I have a Winter Weather Advisory, Flood Watch, High Wind Warning, Wind Chill Warning, Heat Advisory, Flash Freeze Warning, Migrating Geese Warning, and Wooly Caterpillar watch.  Does that sum things up?

In another couple weeks you'd have to add the damn sun angle talk to that mix...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Years ago I had a landlord who was a third generation farmer. I remember him saying “it can be too cold to snow but it’s never too cold to rain”

I always wonder if he was talking about cutters. Lol

lol, I don't think i've seen where it was to cold to snow, Confluence, Yes, Its snowed many times over the years when surface temps were in negative numbers

46 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

so many folks going to be a popsicle when they wake up without power tomorrow. 

That is a concern. and with widespread power outages expect across a good chunk of the east coast, that will limit the power companies from brining in crews from other areas to help restore the power.  Usually in situations like this I notice out of state crews in various staging areas. I did not see any crews in some of those staging areas this morning

2 minutes ago, ariof said:

1/18/15 went from -2 at BML at 12Z to 43 15 hours later with ZR in the afternoon. (One of those fun "oh it's 18 and it's raining" kind of days.) I waited to drive Route 16 until it had gone to freezing. Many of those who hadn't spent some extra time in a ditch.

I remember Jan 99 having ZR with single digit temps.