• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

8 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

DVN has the point/hourly forecast snowfall amounts up to nearly a foot here, and a few tenths over a foot for the QC.  Seems pretty overdone as most guidance has QPF in the 0.6-0.9" range.  Even accounting for higher LSR during intense banding, that may get canceled out by poor rates in the lulls in intensity many of the models show later tomorrow night into Tuesday.  I'd probably go 6-8" with isolated higher amounts if I were making an official forecast.  If the intensity of the deform band later Tuesday overperforms then DVN could end up being not too far off perhaps.

Many of the 06z models have bumped up QPF, with some now 1" or more.  New Euro now has a band of 1-1.3" across much of the DVN cwa, so double digit totals seem a little more probable now, particularly in northwest half of the cwa.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry Perry said:

I agree, end of the week looks impressive for us.  

My point was - in typical GRR fashion, we will be last to jump on the bandwagon for headlines until the event is damn near underway or nearly over - for the first appreciable snowfall of the season.

Ahh yeah that makes sense. GRR one of the greats imo

9 minutes ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

Things are changin....still time for those near the transition zone

big south shift from 12z NAM

WGN also saying you’re sitting pretty for Friday. Goodluck friend 

Front end thump may not last long here but it should come down hard when it hits tomorrow morning and impact the morning drive in. Solid 3-4 should come with that initial hit and then some backside snow on Tuesday night.

• Like 3

After receiving 90-100” last winter it’s no surprise that we are getting missed this year. I’m with ya though.

Even last year the north side got the short end of a lot of the storms. If the NWS got over 100”, the airport got 90”, I bet we got 80-85”. Still a lot, but it always amazes me how much of a difference those 10-20 miles across the metro can make for snowstorms.

• Sad 1

Yeah these ratios are definitely a buzzkill. DGZ is rather shallow and most of the time the omega is nothing to write home about either. 
Here's 12Z HRRR for KDPA. Wouldn't be surprised if front end WAA thump over performs a bit, but overall liking midday Tuesday for NW/W burbs. Liking my chances here in West Dundee.
Although UVV's aren't a bullseye, it's much more promising the prior hours. Additionally, liking the theta-e during that time too for some weak symmetric stability, although the lack of fgen banding might inhibit the potential. Either way, it wants to puke out over an inch of concrete in an hour during lunch time.

No description available.

• Thanks 2