• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

They both do .. snows most of the daylight hours Sunday 

Looks like the break point for mixing south of the Merritt is around midnight Sunday. NAM sorted caved to the GFS thermal profile which has been colder and steadfast on that. If GFS holds I'd go 3-6" CT 95 up to GON and then nowcast the rest

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Isn’t that temperature not p-type?

Poor choice of colors though around that temperature.

Oof…not sure why I missed that. I just assumed it was a r/s line. 

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, usually tracking the storm produces more euphoria then the actual storm itself. 

It’s addicting. Because you envision what could happen so viscerally. Sometimes the actual event is disappointing, but it’s really rooted in expectations.

For anyone who hasn’t seen actual snowfall so far this season, getting even 6” of legit (dense), synoptic snow will feel like a blizzard.

Even from afar, it’ll be fun to watch unfold.  This forum comes into its own when a “nor’easter” moves through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Reggie warmer than nam esp for S coast SE mass 

That’s a nice stinger for E MA on Sunday afternoon. Seems like all the models are showing that at 00z so far. Could be brief blizzard conditions with a flash freeze temp crash. There aren’t a ton of situations that ever happens…the ones I can think of are 12/9/05, 3/8/05 and maybe 2/2/15 near BOS for places that were east of the CF…then it crashed to like 12F with blizzard conditions that afternoon/evening,lol. 

I don’t think this one will be as bad as those examples but it’s something to watch. Can’t rule out a really nasty 3-4 hour period. 

31 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, usually tracking the storm produces more euphoria then the actual storm itself. 

Not in this house. A good run is euphoric, but there’s nothing like a few hours in the snow of other elements if it’s not winter—don’t care what the tracking entailed. 

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

Don't forget to sports bet. 

I haven’t done basketball props in a while 

beginning of the year there are better plays . I had Scott Barnes for about 15 out of 20 overs on Pts, reb, assist totals and often on some higher alternate lines 

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Not in this house. A good run is euphoric, but there’s nothing like a few hours in the snow of other elements if it’s not winter—don’t care what the tracking entailed. 

What do you do in the snow that is euphoric… , sled , walk , streak ?