• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

"As this great new year of 2023 begins let it be a year of rewarding yourselves, even if it's a small reward, whenever you make a breakthrough with a goal or a dream that you have. Take great care of yourselves this year and don't be afraid to try that one thing or those things that you've wanted to try out for a long while." 

Happy New Years! Hopefully you had a great 2023 and treated yourselves a bit. Here's to a great and blessed 2024.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

I have no doubt that you will 

I’m starting to look at this like my 401K…looks pretty on the screen but when it goes downhill I never really had it anyway…certainly looks pretty right now though

• Like 1

Happy New Year all!  Let's hope we can pull in an area-wide solid event this upcoming weekend.  It's been far too long since we could actually track something realistic and more than a car-topper.

I put this in the medium-range thread at midnight last night, so re-posting here in Banter!!  Trading Places...still a hilarious movie!!!

Eddie Murphy Merry New Year GIF - EddieMurphy MerryNewYear - Discover &  Share GIFs | Merry new year, Funny gif, New year animated gif

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Who’s everyone got in the CFP games today?  

Since I have some family members who went to Michigan (and I was one of about 3 people in my HS in Ohio who rooted for them in the UM/OSU game each year!!)...GO BLUE!!! :D  I'd kinda like to see a UM-Wash final, or at least any final without 'Bama in it (always have been "ABB"...Anybody But 'Bama!!).

Anyone think that if the winner of the CFP is one of the teams with a loss, that there'd be a TON of "unofficial" discussion about whether UGA should actually be #1?  I say this as NO fan of UGA, but consider this:  Georgia had that insane win vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl (albeit against an essentially 3rd string Noles team) and they lost by just 3 points in their conference championship to Alabama.  Other than the Alabama game, they were dominant this season, really.  Regardless, it certainly makes next year's expanded playoff all the more welcoming!

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Just got back on Saturday from a few days at Wisp. I’d say about half the runs were open with the base eroding quickly after that big rainer last week. Good to see they’re snowing lightly now and should continue to do so over the next day or so…and I imagine they’ll be in pretty good shape come the end of next week.

Thanks! Was just looking at their website. Looks like 10/33 trails open today.

Webcam shows it snowing currently. 

We're heading there the last weekend of the month.

My kiddos just started skiing last year and loved it. 

Was hoping to take them somewhere locally before our weekend at wisp. Hopefully in the next week the local places can get open.

12 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Since I have some family members who went to Michigan (and I was one of about 3 people in my HS in Ohio who rooted for them in the UM/OSU game each year!!)...GO BLUE!!! :D  I'd kinda like to see a UM-Wash final, or at least any final without 'Bama in it (always have been "ABB"...Anybody But 'Bama!!).

Anyone think that if the winner of the CFP is one of the teams with a loss, that there'd be a TON of "unofficial" discussion about whether UGA should actually be #1?  I say this as NO fan of UGA, but consider this:  Georgia had that insane win vs. FSU in the Orange Bowl (albeit against an essentially 3rd string Noles team) and they lost by just 3 points in their conference championship to Alabama.  Other than the Alabama game, they were dominant this season, really.  Regardless, it certainly makes next year's expanded playoff all the more welcoming!

Rooting for a UM-Wash final too!  Go blue!

• Like 1

Happy New Year everybody! I thank God for another year to turn the page and start fresh. Looking forward, as the best is yet to come. (Side note: Had no idea John Wesley was the earliest to say that, lol Saw that in a devotional the other day and it was just the message I needed) Blessings all :)

• Like 2

Digging up some photos to get us in the spirit with these runs. This was my old front yard in Takoma Park during the 2016 storm. It can snow here! 

image.thumb.jpeg.3a6bd6e4ea62411909450f73b4246407.jpeg

And further back into the archives --- this is on the campus of Gettysburg College during the second February 2010 storm. Legendary!

image.thumb.jpeg.4a813b2680a15dbadf917f71049ac2e0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Thanks stupid apple weather app for saying there’s a ridiculous 80% chance of snow Sunday, so I have to listen to my kids pester me all week. 

Dad, will it snow?  Will it snow? Will it snow? Will it snow?

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Thanks stupid apple weather app for saying there’s a ridiculous 80% chance of snow Sunday, so I have to listen to my kids pester me all week. 

Sit them down and have THE TALK...about the NW trend.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Thanks! Was just looking at their website. Looks like 10/33 trails open today.

Webcam shows it snowing currently. 

We're heading there the last weekend of the month.

My kiddos just started skiing last year and loved it. 

Was hoping to take them somewhere locally before our weekend at wisp. Hopefully in the next week the local places can get open.

My girls skied for the first time last week. Little one (6) really liked it and the older one (10) liked it OK enough :lol:. We had a blast overall though.

Last week of January should be fantastic up there. I’m jealous!

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

My girls skied for the first time last week. Little one (6) really liked it and the older one (10) liked it OK enough :lol:. We had a blast overall though.

Last week of January should be fantastic up there. I’m jealous!

My son is 9 and my Daughter is 13. We went to Liberty twice last year. The first time they took a lesson. Spent an entire Saturday there. They loved it.

Then went back for a night ski right before they shut down for the season.

My son scares the crap out of me. Just flies down. No fear.   My daughter takes a more measured approach.  :lol:

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic