• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

12 minutes ago, lee59 said:

The line went thru with blinding rain, winds strong but my highest gust was before the line passed thru. 1.80 inches of rain so far and a peak gust of 45mph. Very nasty night but not quite as bad as I thought.

I have a wxflow so it has the haptic rain sensor, but it recorded .37” in 5 minutes. 

I wonder how often LI has had more rainfall in inches than snowfall in inches in a given winter.  Last year for sure.

Just like with thunderstorms, the real wind action was before that line came thru, and that's accounting for radar lag.  I always assumed that was typical given that it always seems to be the case, for me anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Been in the car wash for longer than I thought that thin little line would last.  Wind at the first part.  Wind has calmed a little but not yet the rain.  I think it's about to.

The line got much wider as it crossed western Suffolk. Very impressive 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

And there goes our power.  I was this close to posting that our third world power grid held up for once, but no.

Was just going to say PSEG is only saying 6100 customers out. I’m sure that will be going up fast. 

• Like 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic