Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Dude, you've been posting these epic looks for like 2 months now....weeklies, monthlies, ens, etc. Eventually you will hit. You are this forum's JB, without a doubt sir...and I mean that with all due respect.

I mean this with all due respect, your moronic comments are the reason pros don’t like to post here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i have no idea where that came from, but that accusation was so foul i had to respond lmao

This happens every crappy year. Usually right after the last legit threat for snow fails in late Feb or March. Seems we’ve skipped to that part of the annual cycle already. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Big one could be forming on the GFS with the 16-18th wave

Block over the Aleutian islands now. A few days ago, it was Alaska. Hard not to get a little SE ridge with that in January. But there is a ridge in the WC, so maybe it can dampen the wave. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, winter_warlock said:

Storm on GFS goes from too far east at 12 z to a lil too far west  at 18z lol.  But at 9 days out. Ill take it.  Im sure the models will be all over the place for at least a few more days!!  I dont think anyone wants to be in the bullseye 232 hours out lol

I want to be in the bullseye every run

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, winter_warlock said:

Storm on GFS goes from too far east at 12 z to a lil too far west  at 18z lol.  But at 9 days out. Ill take it.  Im sure the models will be all over the place for at least a few more days!!  I dont think anyone wants to be in the bullseye 232 hours out lol

Would rather it was around JAX at this point 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i have no idea where that came from, but that accusation was so foul i had to respond lmao

You clearly have done a poor job making the atmosphere do what the models say...you need to work on that part of your game. :hurrbear::P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gfs was close. But again it stalled another wave before getting to where we need to cut off the WAR. 
IMG_0859.thumb.jpeg.7a17e7570357b43a93521ae2efa3de11.jpeg

If A was at B instead that would have been a HECS. It would give more room for the next wave to amplify and at the same time turn the flow over top of us to block a the next wave from continuing to gain latitude.

basically it would promote a more amplified wave to try to come at us from the southwest while at the same time having it hit a brick wall in the TN valley and force it to turn east under us. That’s our big snow look. But so long as these tpv waves keep stalling under the block then rotating back and not progressing east under it into 50/50 it leaves the door open for the next wave to cut.  

Im not saying it’s going to do that. Just saying until one of these systems gets into the 50/50 and severs the war nao link the next wave is likely to try to cut if it amplifies. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

Looks like we need to be worried more about suppression on the GEFS than a cutter for the 16th.

The only concern I have with suppression is if there's no storm lol.

Yesterday's storm was majorly suppressed till inside a week. On its way north we fell into the bullseye for about a day of model runs 5 days out.