Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

51 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

You should have a good weekend up north, took yesterday off to groom another 60% of our system, just one more trail left to do the other guys are packing today with sleds so we can take the groomer. Hopefully ride 200 miles Saturday, full on winter fun!

420948010_772370624923292_72903437667451

Do you guys a have a roller?  We have one and find that it packs better than sleds or just tracking with the groomer.

1 hour ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah, i think it’s more like Feb 10-Mar 10 instead of Feb 1-Mar 1. i get that it’s frustrating and perhaps even annoying to see stuff get pushed back, but it is what it is 

the nice thing is that you can still get big storms in that window quite easily. 1958 comes to mind 

We’ve been kicking the can since late December.

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

we got our favorable pattern, sorry it didn't produce a blizzard over your house

A 1 week window doesn’t cancel out 5 weeks of shit, try again. I’ll call it a favorable pattern if we actually have a sustained (3+ week) stretch of below normal temps. Otherwise it’s a small window in a sea of shit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

A 1 week window doesn’t cancel out 5 weeks of shit, try again. I’ll call it a favorable pattern if we actually have a sustained (3+ week) stretch of below normal temps. Otherwise it’s a small window in a sea of shit.

"kicking the can" implies that nothing has changed. there was, in fact, a wholesale change in the pattern at the start of the month. this is 18 days of a favorable pattern... saying that the mid to late December didn't change is also completely disingenuous

we rely on luck a lot more than people would like to admit, and our luck has been in the toilet. the ship will get righted at some point

compday.5IDdgmtRhX.gif.132f395cd34f5716ad404cc3518f6f2b.gifcompday.9AJwg5OweT.gif.9434317fefb88f2caac6d53357416950.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

nobody is arguing that the pattern beforehand didn't suck. why are you being a dick for no reason?

The constant moving of the goalposts and downplaying the warmth is annoying. All you do is post how the pattern is going to be favorable, and you have been wrong every time. It’s been happening for 2 years now.

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, TheMainer said:

You should have a good weekend up north, took yesterday off to groom another 60% of our system, just one more trail left to do the other guys are packing today with sleds so we can take the groomer. Hopefully ride 200 miles Saturday, full on winter fun!

420948010_772370624923292_72903437667451

That looks awesome, And thank you for all your hard work, I'm looking forward to the weekend up here.

• Like 2

Another frustrating winter.  I’m looking forward to getting out of here for warmth in late February/early March.   Everything blows.  Walking on icy paths, feet hurting from winter walk shoes, minimal snow.  I love warmth and hopefully we get some next week but even that could get largely thwarted.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

"kicking the can" implies that nothing has changed. there was, in fact, a wholesale change in the pattern at the start of the month. this is 18 days of a favorable pattern... saying that the mid to late December didn't change is also completely disingenuous

we rely on luck a lot more than people would like to admit, and our luck has been in the toilet. the ship will get righted at some point

compday.5IDdgmtRhX.gif.132f395cd34f5716ad404cc3518f6f2b.gifcompday.9AJwg5OweT.gif.9434317fefb88f2caac6d53357416950.gif

It’s just too warm. You are correct that the pattern changed, but it wasn’t until like a week ago. Even on the bottom map, the core of the cold is west, while in the east we are going to finish the month with AN temps. It isn’t our year, it’s fine to admit that. 

3 minutes ago, George001 said:

The constant moving of the goalposts and downplaying the warmth is annoying. All you do is post how the pattern is going to be favorable, and you have been wrong every time. It’s been happening for 2 years now.

a favorable pattern does not guarantee favorable results. it just increases the odds. how many times does this need to be said? it's so disingenuous to imply that those that forecasted a favorable pattern were wrong. that's BS

I was not wrong when I, and many others, said that the pattern would be favorable. it was, and we got fucked. that's all there is to say, and it's frustrating

• Weenie 1