Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

21 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we dont get to single digies this season...wonder what the stats are on something like that, for climo sites i mean. 

Well some of the worst winters have one brutal snap contained. 2016 sucked/warm too..but mid Feb had a record breaking cold shot. 

Last year too..sucked but we had one impressive cold snap too in Feb last year.  So ya never know? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well some of the worst winters have one brutal snap contained. 2016 sucked/warm too..but mid Feb had a record breaking cold shot. 

Last year too..sucked but we had one impressive cold snap too in Feb last year.  So ya never know? 

Last year, Logan dropped to a level not seen there since I was 10 years old.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yeah thats very interesting. 2015-2016 and 2022-2023 were so similar in regards to temps. Positive departures and a warm winter overall with one absolutely brutal record breaking 2-day cold snap. Looking back, at least in my lifetime, it looks like it's probably 2001-2002. 16F was the coldest temp recorded all season at BDR. At BDL 10F in 2002 as well. Think that was the last time as far as i can tell. 

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

compared to last season and this one so far 15-16 was a winter wonderland. Id kill for 39.3" on the season and 2 double digits blizzards....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

compared to last season and this one so far 15-16 was a winter wonderland. Id kill for 39.3" on the season and 2 double digits blizzards....

What double digit blizzards?  There was one blizzard that I remember in 15-16…And it fringed the area, and buried the mid Atlantic in January.  I got about 10 inches from it, and south and west in CT got lots more, and NYC got like 30”.  Once you got north of here, it went down exponentially. I don’t remember any other blizzard in ‘16? 

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

Please long range forecast better

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Ji!!!

Bring back all the awards.    I'm still basking in my poster of the year award...to quote you "the old man from Boston".   And it's now 20 years older!  Hope you are well.....time flies man....make the most of it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My God, this is boring.

MJO is concerning regarding February. Hopefully they're being too slow with it again. 

MJO 7 is better than 6 which is why EPS looks a lot better than GEFS right now. 

I do think February will still be good but the best could hold off until week 2-3. 

March could also be unusually snowy & active too. A lot of central/east strong Ninos has snows late. And in the -PDO era March looks better as wavelengths change.

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

MJO is concerning regarding February. Hopefully they're being too slow with it again. 

MJO 7 is better than 6 which is why EPS looks a lot better than GEFS right now. 

I do think February will still be good but the best could hold off until week 2-3. 

The EPO in early February has been showing signs of breaking down with the big ridge retrograding into NE Siberia. It might mean the colder look in early Feb is abbreviated, but we’ll see.

Hopefully we can get something next week. Friday is toast.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ice1972 said:

I'm unvaulting my ratter rants gentlemen.......I'll leave it at that for now......but so far thats where we're at.....

Funny, right up the street we're just about average for this point. Your area has always been a snow hole in CT with several very good years the last couple decades