Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, WJX231 said:

I like extreme cold too. Something about how fresh the air feels when you breathe. I've experienced -10F twice in my life, once on 02/14/16 and again on 02/04/23. 

I don't. Extreme cold freaking hurts.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Where did this stuff about RGEM come from lol. 

Well it did pretty decent a week ago, and it was very steadfast showing this comeback today, and then all the others came back on board, so I guess it’s on a mini roll, I think perhaps that’s the sentiment. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Where did this stuff about RGEM come from lol. 

Who knows but on another note.. Rgem has been very consistent with this threat and nailed this mornings snow output very impressive 00z highlighted your area 1-3” and the min from nyc to about Hartford with more central Jersey south 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty much a whiff now. What a disaster.

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No. It’s done. Maybe a very light event.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Friday is toast.

Onto the next period. Plus we’ll enjoy the snow today and few days of winter that follow. 

Seems the globals want to chase that convection off shore. Hence the way ots depiction. They also did that with todays snow until they caught on and got a clue. A slim chance that happens again. Something has to break right for once. 

Remember most of you guys had written off todays snower a few days ago. Keep the faith. Sometimes they come back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hazey said:

Seems the globals want to chase that convection off shore. Hence the way ots depiction. They also did that with todays snow until they caught on and got a clue. A slim chance that happens again. Something has to break right for once. 

Remember most of you guys had written off todays snower a few days ago. Keep the faith. Sometimes they come back.

It’s another event like today’s. In a winter like this, you enjoy these . Another couple inches Friday and then it’s back to regularly scheduled programming next week.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

At least there will probably be deep pack for my trip to north Conway in 2 weeks!

And that’s how we look at it. If it isn’t good at home, it’ll probably be very good for your trip. I think about it like that all the time…makes for a much happier mind set. Conway for you, and The County for me look to do very well out of this..on top of a decent pack already. 

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s another event like today’s. In a winter like this, you enjoy these . Another couple inches Friday and then it’s back to regularly scheduled programming next week.

It’s nothing like this. It’s OTS vs the cape.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s a widespread couple of inches like the GGEM shows . Your GFS and Euro also had todays out to sea 3-4 days out .  Enjoy today and Friday 

Mesos did the best with this storm 

Don't think it's wise to call Friday toast yet.. A light to moderate event still on table with ticks NW..  Still on some guidance as a moderate hit .. Today was toast for all now many will get 5-10" for CNE and NNE .. GGEM and RGEM ftw again ? Who knows? Am I confident it will snow, obviously not as most guidance says no, but it can easily be the biggest storm of the year for many on the south coast...  I'll get your jokes out of the way now for you Debs.. Yes I will "Sey-less snow Friday probably " but its not 100% dead yet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1