Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

8 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Yeah 78 was much longer lasting,  especially the aftermath! No school for 5 days after. One thing I'll say every time I mention that storm... the totals were WAY off in some areas.  I had measurements from our house in Granby, my grandfather from the utility company in Simsbury and others.  We had 28 inches in Granby and was told 25 in Simsbury. Official totals are far less... and I don't believe them

Yes…the measuring I think was so difficult due to the ferocious blowing.  But alot of the official measurements for 78 did seem low for a lot of CT.  

Being a teacher, I can say we had no school for a week also in Feb 13 too, so equal in that regard.  

• Like 3

it appears now my trip to Florida is going to be pushed right again, so I may not be driving on the weekend of the 20th, not sure if it's a good thing or bad, I was originally supposed to leave tomorrow... now maybe get to see a couple of good events and cold before I head down

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes…the measuring I think was so difficult due to the ferocious blowing.  But alot of the official measurements for 78 did seem low for a lot of CT.  

Being a teacher, I can say we had no school for a week also in Feb 13 too, so equal in that regard.  

I got 12 inches in 3 hours in that storm, it was a great storm here, just didn't have the wind here like 78. It's actually number 2 on my list, someday I hope to have a new number 1.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Op said not a lot of people maybe but a huge area did.  I put a yardstick through it where I was.  Official was lower there but still 2 feet upstate NY

This is the New England subforum. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Would be an interesting analysis to see which storm(s) blanketed the largest % of the 6 New England states with > X inches of snow. 
Anyone smart enough to figure out how to figure that out?

Someone put up a map of Dec 2003.  Feel like that had 18”+ in BTV area and BOS area… which is a hard thing to do.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just press the “play” button and see for yourself. It’s nothing exciting but a passing squall line on sunday night that turns into a nuke for Hazey on monday. Tip: use the regions field and select “northeast”. 

Oh I did.