• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

Should finally be some legit cold air to work with in the 2nd half of January.  I wouldn't mind a wrecking ball SWFE that drops a foot of cement and then freezing drizzle.  You know, something that looks like a massive cutter and then, 72 hours out, models start to morph into a South shunted primary, with a potent coastal developing under LI for a big interior snower.  That kind of storm, hey?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That’s some kind of a freak event in the Plains in that depiction

the consistency of which that is being modeled at that time range has sorta fascinated me today. Most of the gefs/eps members have it too. It reminds me of when mar 93 was being modeled 5-7 days out. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

The trough goes neutral over around Alabama for the 5th storm even on the more progressive guidance. Anything from whiff to inland runner is on the table, but in my opinion that one’s coming north. When the trough goes negative, the storm WILL gain latitude. That is absolutely a real threat, I am getting excited about it. I would not be surprised at all if the low runs inland a bit, ramming into SE Mass.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

1999 is correct though-first TRACE 1/12/00.   Finished with 25 inches over the next 6 weeks.  Low season but half decent stretch and really cold.

Can't get away from the fact that 3 of the last 6 years to date have sucked.  That's what stood out to me in that chart.

• Like 1