Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

What kind of horse? We own a Clydesdale mix.

Rocky Mountain horses are the breed we train,breed and sell. We are going to KY to pick up a little filly that should be a beast when she’s grown. Also I was going to hit a distillery or two the day before, but if we get snowed in that’s awesome too… I do love draft horses though, such a calm demeanor learning to drive a draft horse is something I’d love to learn to do. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Wife and daughter just asked me when it’s gonna snow. 

I thought about the recent model runs, but I didn’t have the heart to tell them that I’m tracking something. 

I just said “when I see it snowing, I’ll tell you”

This board needed some digital snow. It was getting stale in here to say the least.

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

Wife and daughter just asked me when it’s gonna snow. 

I thought about the recent model runs, but I didn’t have the heart to tell them that I’m tracking something. 

I just said “when I see it snowing, I’ll tell you”

I've been telling everyone "not through Jan 15th" (more realistically looks like through the 20th, then we'll probably change). 

• Weenie 2

Coffee lovers….any roasters in the general DMV area you recommend? And any specific roasts worth seeking out? I grind my own beans, so whole bean is preferred. 

a recent find that I really liked was the holiday roast from Chesapeake bay roasters based in crofton. Another favorite is the Tanzania Peaberry from Baltimore Coffee Co. 

58 minutes ago, TSG said:

it's REAL funny to me how quiet the debs get once guidance start showing something positive. It only takes one bad cycle for them to return though, stay vigilant out there y'all!!!

This has always been a crisis cardiac, late stage bipolar hobby. I am a snow happy super manic one day til someone posts the SER again then I am one hell of a depressed angry we are all gonna DIE kind of deb. And the whole doggone sub is jumping off of a FIERY ledge, straight into a terrifying white hot dumpster fire in which we are all tearing each other to pieces. And The Reaper dies of a heart attack because he has way too many souls to fookin reap at one time.

Yoda just posted the ICON, N VA missed out. Damn. Here I phuckin' go again. I should have known......... What was I even thinking? It's the G.D. base state.

And, down, down, DOWN! goes the entire sub, by tomorrow morning Tracker has to shut down the thread. Hell of a fight, WWIII even, in the sub. Over model runs. Just as I was starting to have a little hope. Just a little hope...... Look, I kept my expectations on a HELL of a SHORT leash, I expected a car topper in Dale City on 1/7. Dashed to DEATH, on the Rocks, by the phuckin' ICON. Stormchaser Chuck and I go fifteen rounds over the validity of the frackin' weeklies and that sets off the WAR (no pun intended), Chuck whoops my sorry old man 8ss.

It's high time for an EPIC deb Manifesto.......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TSG said:

it's REAL funny to me how quiet the debs get once guidance start showing something positive. It only takes one bad cycle for them to return though, stay vigilant out there y'all!!!

Science is not really emotional. It's not hard to be objective. People just worship models, no one or nothing can do better, and they aren't even that great if you know what you're looking at.. climo or persistence has worked better lately, don't you dare tell that the EPS or Euro weeklies are not that good lol.  

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Dallas was sooo stupid. How are so many people making millions so bad at basic clock management???  2nd and long. Already in FG range. Run twice, kick fg Detroit gets the ball no timeouts and about 45-50 seconds. Game over. The odds of converting a 1st down are low anyways. 

No they pass, stop clock and Detroit scores with 23 seconds when Dallas gifts them 40 seconds!  The probabilities on going 75 yards in 50 seconds v 1:30 are astronomically lower.  You can’t throw underneath the prevent and take 15 yards at a time if you only have 50 seconds. Just brain dead management there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

No they pass, stop clock and Detroit scores with 23 seconds when Dallas gifts them 40 seconds!  The probabilities on going 75 yards in 50 seconds v 1:30 are astronomically lower.  You can’t throw underneath the prevent and take 15 yards at a time if you only have 50 seconds. Just brain dead management there. 

Then Det going for 2 when they have 10yds to go (which is like a 30% probability). This is after they didn't go for it 4th and goal from the 4 when the game was 10-10. That's why it's hard to watch football: There is a site called advancedNFLstats and it calculates the odds of everything, and basically teams are almost always wrong not going for it on 4th down. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Dallas was sooo stupid. How are so many people making millions so bad at basic clock management???  2nd and long. Already in FG range. Run twice, kick fg Detroit gets the ball no timeouts and about 45-50 seconds. Game over. The odds of converting a 1st down are low anyways. 

Terrible clock management but even worse calls by DET on the multiple penalties and still going for the conversion. Yikes. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yeah they were extremely lucky to come out of this with a win. This smelled like the way they usually screw up in the WC or divisional round, lol (Can we forget the time running out a couple years ago? Haha)

7 hours ago, nj2va said:

Terrible clock management but even worse calls by DET on the multiple penalties and still going for the conversion. Yikes. 

The officials completely effed up on the initial attempt. That conversion should have stood. That being said, after that debacle just kick the damn extra point and take it to OT.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah they were extremely lucky to come out of this with a win. This smelled like the way they usually screw up in the WC or divisional round, lol (Can we forget the time running out a couple years ago? Haha)

I mean you no longer need to watch a full NFL game. You only need to watch the last 5 minutes when defenses go into the prevent. The last team who possesses the ball usually wins. 

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The officials completely effed up on the initial attempt. That conversion should have stood. That being said, after that debacle just kick the damn extra point and take it to OT.

I agree. If it goes to OT, I most likely win my 8 leg parlay. I hate you Dan Campbell. 

He  of all people should know better since half his team was suspended for gambling this year. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic