Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2023

George BM

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Unless you’re kidding, I heard that he’s bounced around a bit and presently in the icon of a German grocery store.

I wasn’t kidding. Some folks just disappear.  Then winter comes and I remember those who are not around anymore.  I hope he’s doing well.  

23 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I really thought he was gone and then I thought of others we lost.  It’s a Christmas miracle. 

I’m not trying to be morbid, but do folks remember a poster from quite a few years ago who was open about the fact that, due to illness, he was nearing the end of his time on earth and said his plan was to set up on the edge of the ocean and let the water just take him when his time was up?

It’s been quite a while, but that discussion has stuck with me all these years…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I’m not trying to be morbid, but do folks remember a poster from quite a few years ago who was open about the fact that, due to illness, he was nearing the end of his time on earth and said his plan was to set up on the edge of the ocean and let the water just take him when his time was up?

It’s been quite a while, but that discussion has stuck with me all these years…

I think needbiggerboat 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I think needbiggerboat 

51 minutes ago, H2O said:

That’s the guy

49 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Yes. That's him. Funny guy.  Roy Scheider avatar.

43 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@needbiggerboat was pretty private about his illness, but I remember him opening up once about it. He said it was terminal. :(

Thanks, guys. Definitely him.

nw balt…that’s how I remember it, as well. I think he hinted around it, but eventually opened up.

Storm…yeah, he was a funny dude. Had a pretty cool take on things and never let all of it get to him.

I remember being a little confused about his last posts and then it hit me one day that he hadn’t been around for a bit. Without searching his name, I’m guessing it’s coming up on ten years he’s been gone.

Hope he’s somewhere watching all of us and wondering why TF were still at it. :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Thanks, guys. Definitely him.

nw balt…that’s how I remember it, as well. I think he hinted around it, but eventually opened up.

Storm…yeah, he was a funny dude. Had a pretty cool take on things and never let all of it get to him.

I remember being a little confused about his last posts and then it hit me one day that he hadn’t been around for a bit. Without searching his name, I’m guessing it’s coming up on ten years he’s been gone.

Hope he’s somewhere watching all of us and wondering why TF were still at it. :lol:

He was last active in the forum in 2016.

• Like 1

Here we come Spain! 12 days in Madrid, Seville, and Barcelona. I was gonna rent a car in the latter and drive to Andorra and the Pyrenees -- I'd certainly see snow there -- but it's just not feasible. 3 hour drive each way and nowhere to park once you get to the postage stamp capital of the multiverse. But still playing with the idea of renting a car in Seville and going to Gibraltar. I want to see the coast of Africa and the only place in Europe they have monkeys (other than zoos, of course). 

And, yes, we'll be on the lookout for Barcelona's notorious pickpockets. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Forgive my bad finger drawing on my phone, but I wanted to highlight this shape in the longwave pattern. This is The Look. Northerly flow into the Midwest and Great Lakes supplying cold air, east-west over us and to our north, troughing in the 50/50 region, and then ridging in Greenland for the -NAO. That broad flat bowl look is what @Bob Chill was mentioning recently. 

IMG_7371.jpeg

IMG_7370.jpeg

@WxUSAF, I didn't know that you used to work for the White House.  Keep up the good work.

image.thumb.jpeg.d4e57613302ed599a5b63d7fec7f8570.jpeg

• Haha 11

I notice people calling this a hobby. I think for many of us it's not a hobby. We all have hobbies. I enjoy hiking, gardening, exploring old barns, ect. This obsession with weather is something I was born with and developed at a very very young age. It's just part of who I am. It's not something I could quit. I could quit looking at forecast models, but I'd never quit starring at the sky and wondering what interesting weather event is around the bend. I remember sneaking out at 2 am to look out the window at the snow. I remember riding my bike to the end of my street to see off to the west if any storms were developing with hopes of getting a thunderstorm. We didn't have radar. You'd have to catch the locals on the eights to get a glimpse of radar. In a way.. those days were great. 

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic