Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

11 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I see the Reaper @WxWatcher007 is here to mow the weenies down and stack them up. 

-_yywg.gif

The Reaper needs to get to work. This bullshit about retiring is just that: Bullshit.

The storm is fvcked. We are all out of hope. Texas is so dry it is blowing away. I am going to jump. We need the Reaper now! The long range has gone straight to hell. We are all BEGGING to be Reaped! By The Reaper! No one else will do! Reaper, you were never retired. Get your sorry lazy assed boney 8ss off of the couch right fookin NOW, stop devouring those damn police officer doughnuts, and get your 8ss out here and REAP! It's the end of the fooking world as we all know it and no one feels fooking fine! Get off your 8ss and REAP, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So are the rumors true? We are now looking past MLK day for the favorable pattern? 

This is going down like our classic dead ratters. Forget snow. Having cold would be a start. I've been below freezing like maybe 10 nights. Maybe 5 nights lower then 30. I imagine this is what living in South Carolina was like 10 years ago. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Back to chasing patterns 10 days away. There's always a epic look 10 days way during a classic (every winter) dead ratters. 

To be fair, it was pretty obvious by this time last year that we were almost certainly cooked. We weren’t even teased with D10-15 longwave patterns.

• Like 1

Legit question: why do the models constantly show so much digital snow 5-6 days from an event, only to lose most/all of it 2-3 days from onset? It never seems to go the other way (rain to snow)

A cold bias on the various models? It is uncanny how often the rug is pulled for snow lovers.

2 hours ago, Imgoinhungry said:

Cant even get digital snow through January 20th!

and the pattern change on the GEFS 6z...if you cycle through the temp 2m/850 anomoly..they don't ever go below normal...plenty above normal especially early...then it settles into normal to slightly above towards the end...at this point we are tracking nothing despite the amazing looks at h5...all the cold is focused out west.  I am a simpleton for sure but until I see that change I know not to expect much at my location...normal temps don't cut it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Crazy to think Philly hasn't had an inch of snow since Jan 22, 2022. Coming up on 2 years now. Its brutal. I am not sure how people in the metros handle it. I'd be going crazy if I hadn't chased to NY state the last few years. Looks like Ill be doing more of the same this year.

It's brutal...I just want to take my son out in the snow

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

and the pattern change on the GEFS 6z...if you cycle through the temp 2m/850 anomoly..they don't ever go below normal...plenty above normal especially early...then it settles into normal to slightly above towards the end...at this point we are tracking nothing despite the amazing looks at h5...all the cold is focused out west.  I am a simpleton for sure but until I see that change I know not to expect much at my location...normal temps don't cut it.  

Yea we’re no longer waiting on the wheelhouse…we’re in it now. March is right around the corner, which is kinda wild. This season has been trucking along.

9 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Chuck is the man. 

Do you not realize his game by now? If snow is projected, he blathers about some nonsense to say it won't snow. If it isn't forecast, he blathers about some nonsense to say that it will. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic