Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

I’m hearing that winter is canceled. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah, the whole board, not just this subforum, has punted the entire thing. 

It's December 10th, with a rain-to-snow scenario on our doorsteps from NC to Maine, and everyone seems to be capitulating.

1 minute ago, Terpeast said:

It's December 10th, with a rain-to-snow scenario on our doorsteps from NC to Maine, and everyone seems to be capitulating.

It does appear however, at this early date,  that the idea of cold and snow of a meaningful nature seems to be elusive prior to Christmas.  Which is unfortunate because some how I imagined it might be one of those good old fashioned Christmases we hear in the music.  

3 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Blame the last 3 years (last 7 years for us, lol). Although this is indeed a typical niño warm-ish December (and really it's not a full blown torch), it may feel worse to some because of recent history. Besides, though the history of Niños is mid-January onward, there are no guarantees in weather...

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

It does appear however, at this early date,  that the idea of cold and snow of a meaningful nature seems to be elusive prior to Christmas.  Which is unfortunate because some how I imagined it might be one of those good old fashioned Christmases we hear in the music.  

Why did you imagine that, though--knowing what Decembers are more likely to look like in Niño years?

25 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Imstill hoping the  punt gets blocked and another  hot  winter  is defeated  but  im getting a  bad  vibe when once again its Dec and  instead  of talking about the  latest snowstorm threat, like  last winter we are talking about severe weather.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah but if that hope gives ya unrealistic expectations why entertain it? It only hurts worse if/when it doesn't happen, lol

I’m not ready to accept that our winter window is shrinking to about 6 weeks.  We punt December now on the regular.  March is a crap chute.  Latter Feb we talk sun angle.  Seems to get worse every year no matter the base state or ENSO state…every state seems to be the same situation.  But we shall see what happens 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I’m not ready to accept that our winter window is shrinking to about 6 weeks.  We punt December now on the regular.  March is a crap chute.  Latter Feb we talk sun angle.  Seems to get worse every year no matter the base state or ENSO state…every state seems to be the same situation.  But we shall see what happens 

Time to accept we all need to move to the mountains. Or quit our jobs and build a big lake somewhere to the west.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Time to accept we all need to move to the mountains. Or quit our jobs and build a big lake somewhere to the west.

You HAVE a lake to the west, what you need to do is build a 5K tall mountain chain somewhere east of DC. You could even steal the rocks and dirt from the western mountains to double down lol. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

You HAVE a lake to the west, what you need to do is build a 5K tall mountain chain somewhere east of DC. You could even steal the rocks and dirt from the western mountains to double down lol. 

I'm building it in Warren and Clarke counties.  Then all the NOVA / DC crew will finally feel what it's like in the rain shadow.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Not just this one. We’re preemptively cancelling until 2229-2230.

FYP, since you didn't give a century value on those years!  I may be optimistic there even with what I added!

(But I hear the ultra extra mega crazy extended EPS/GEFS says 2230-31 will be rockin'!  Bring it!!!)

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s just the dumbest season of them all. 

Sing it with me!!!

It's the most dumliest time, of the year!

There'll be much belly-aching,

Clothes rended and hair-tearing,

When snow-loving weenies are near!

It's the most dumliest time,

Yes the most dumliest time,

Oh the most dumliest time,

Of the year!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Our climo us shifting to that of southern North Carolina. It's only a matter of time before snowless winters are normal in these parts, likely in our lifetimes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

10 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

The can kicking shall continue until morale improves

Homenuk is full of shoosh about the subtropical jet extension. This is the weakest fookin subtropical jet I have ever seen! Where is all of Texas' rain???? What frackin Nino? This is going to be one fooking DRY winter in South Central Texas! Homenuk is just that ---- a damn nuk! The nino is dead on arrival. We will do better in a neutral base enso state.

11 minutes ago, Benjamn3 said:

I think this hotline is a scam. All it did was send me to a link to buy flip flops and shorts. 

Unless the hotline has some one willing to write prescriptions most of us need...then its useless....don't tell me it will be ok...just give me meds so I can fall asleep with my shoes on

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic