Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

18z EPS takes an east Gulf o/ Mex low west of Albany.  

Whatever it takes to avoid colder solutions in New England I guess

I mean obviously the pattern and poor air mass supports a high probability of horse crap from this coastal system no matter when it runs or almost where ever it tracks 

I did just check the ensembles and it seems most OP runs still seem to be on NW edge of ensembles …I thought the ensembles might be clustered much more inland 

edit there is a poster lurking named “pickles” fascinating 

0z gfs goes into NW NY and torches Quebec then follow up kicks e mass in nads for good measure 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Almost looks like the 12/5-6/81 storm that backed it from the east. 

One of my favorite storms, I remember being completely shocked that it began to snow and then that it came down so hard. Was a kid in Cranston at the time, I think it was a Saturday/Sunday event?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WalpoleJoe said:

One of my favorite storms, I remember being completely shocked that it began to snow and then that it came down so hard. Was a kid in Cranston at the time, I think it was a Saturday/Sunday event?

Yes the bulk of the 1981 storm was Saturday 12/5 to Sunday 12/6. Good memory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

December 81 is one of my favorite December's. Almost 30 inches snow. That 12/5 storm rocked. 18  inches plus

I'll always remember my uncle somehow getting his car stuck in the snow off the driveway in our side yard when leaving our house that Christmas (spiked eggnog?) Took us an hour to shovel enough to get him out. IIRC it's the most snow OTG I remember on the holiday in my area

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I don’t remember any December 81 snow here…must have been an eastern SNE thing of course….

I was pretty sure it was '81 in Granby CT, but the force is not strong with dates like Will lol. I had a weather diary from between 1978 and 1996 that was lost in a move, so i have to rely on memory.  Also IIrc (probably not) Christmas 1980 was absolutely frigid, but no snow

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

I was pretty sure it was '81 in Granby CT, but the force is not strong with dates like Will lol. I had a weather diary from between 1978 and 1996 that was lost in a move, so i have to rely on memory.  Also IIrc (probably not) Christmas 1980 was absolutely frigid, but no snow

Oh ya…I remember the 1980 frigid snap very well…brutal.

But I don’t remember any significant snow on Xmas of 81??  Usually that stands out in my mind..must have been very minor here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

10 day fantasies aside.. still some guidance offering some backside snows after the cutter to Quebec City . ULL lingers behind some energy . That’s our most realistic hope for anything prior to Xmas. 

Yeah we’ll have to watch the ULL…nothing last night was great verbatim but it was very close on a few different solutions. Might be able to sneak a few inches if it broke right…low probability but plausible. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh ya…I remember the 1980 frigid snap very well…brutal.

But I don’t remember any significant snow on Xmas of 81??  Usually that stands out in my mind..must have been very minor here.

Yup, Christmas 80 didn’t get above freezing if I recall.