Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Well, I think most of us "like" posts that are congruent with our own beliefs....how many of those PAC jet posts do you like? :lol: Maybe he didn't agree with Will...it doesn't mean that he doesn't respect him.

Sure…I understand that. And I didn’t say anything about him not respecting Will. But when ya only “like” the constant negative stuff, such as were punting til late January; and this winter is no different than last;  but you don’t “like” A Very knowledgeable MET post, that actually gives scientific reasoning, that’s a red Flag imo.  And it’s constant too.

I’m sorry that shows me that you have a huge bias when you like junk with no scientific reasoning behind it. But fail to acknowledge a truly good post.  

And I get the whole frustration thing….I’m as frustrated as anybody. But I’m not gonna say this is the same as last year. Not on December 12th. 

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Ok.  The isobars are fairly widely spread for a big wind event.  There’s not a huge gradient.  I think you want this ticking west for bigger winds.

It’ll probably end up over the Cape as usual . As boring a solution as possible as Mother Nature continues to rip boners into us. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sure…I understand that. And I didn’t say anything about him not respecting Will. But when ya only “like” the constant negative stuff, such as were punting til late January; and this winter is no different than last;  but you don’t “like” A Very knowledgeable MET post, that actually gives scientific reasoning, that’s a red Flag imo.  And it’s constant too.

I’m sorry that shows me that you have a huge bias when you like junk with no scientific reasoning behind it. But fail to acknowledge a truly good post.  

And I get the whole frustration thing….I’m as frustrated as anybody. But I’m not gonna say this is the same as last year. Not on December 12th. 

Maybe that is what he believes? You like what you believe...and they do have scientific reasoning behind it..you just don't agree with it. I think they go overboard with a lot of it, too, but its logical.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m fine if it’s negative, but let’s not get carried away Brett.  Punt til late January was one of your posts yesterday.  Is that even close to reality?   The short answer is NO.  So be careful with your reality statements. 

It was hyperbole, but who knows, maybe we do punt until then? I have no idea how it will ultimately play out, but so far, it aucks, it’s okay to admit that.

i think if we reach the new year without anything tangible on the horizon, I won’t be the only one that feels that way 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It was hyperbole, but who knows, maybe we do punt until then? I have no idea how it will ultimately play out, but so far, it aucks, it’s okay to admit that.

i think if we reach the new year without anything tangible on the horizon, I won’t be the only one that feels that way 

That's starting to sound like hyperboreality to me.  

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I feel like you are the one adding emotion to it :lol:

We have trolls here Ray. Last week somebody was pressing you, and you finally had to give it to them. And I agreed with you. 

I’ve blocked most of them, so I’m very good. But I said my piece. And I’m good with where I stand. Reality is fine. If it sucks, it sucks.  It sucks now. Trolling is not. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

We have trolls here Ray. Last week somebody was pressing you, and you finally had to give it to them. And I agreed with you. 

I’ve blocked most of them, so I’m very good. But I said my piece. And I’m good with where I stand. Reality is fine. If it sucks, it sucks.  It sucks now. Trolling is not. 

We def. have trolls...but I think we all like to rib the other side a bit as the weather dictates...I mean, be honest...if we had stolen a big snow event this month, tell me you wouldn't be asking Allsnow and Bluewave if they could help shovel the 12" of MJO phase 5 off of your driveway :lol: Its all in good fun....same in sports. We are human.

Its all about the scoreboard, as it dictates in which direction she shit gets blown.

• Like 4

aren't most of us grown ups here? I mean who gives a rats ass if someone gives you or someone else a like? 

unless i missed something and i time-warped back to high school.

i throw around the like/weenie/confused/thanks/sad thing like candy-and I would be willing to bet that 95% of the ppl here don't give a crap whether I give them a weenie or a like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

aren't most of us grown ups here? I mean who gives a rats ass if someone gives you or someone else a like? 

unless i missed something and i time-warped back to high school.

i throw around the like/weenie/confused/thanks/sad thing like candy-and I would be willing to bet that 95% of the ppl here don't give a crap whether I give them a weenie or a like.

I was trying to make a point. I don’t care either. Agreed.

• Like 1