Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discobs 2023

George BM

21 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Nine degrees this morning IMBY

I'm  sure the perfectly placed station in Canaan for cold air draining nights got down near zero or below.

I saw a '2' there earlier. It was 18.8 here at 7 am report time, dropped a bit more and bottomed out at 17.9 at 7:50 am. Now up to a 'warm' 30.2 degrees. Looks like Canaan and 'Shoe are getting ready for the season with all the guns running!

14 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I saw a '2' there earlier. It was 18.8 here at 7 am report time, dropped a bit more and bottomed out at 17.9 at 7:50 am. Now up to a 'warm' 30.2 degrees. Looks like Canaan and 'Shoe are getting ready for the season with all the guns running!

lol Canaan - our own little piece of a Hudson Bay-area climate.

• Haha 2

an overnight low of 20 which is the coldest night this season, and I don't expect to come anywhere near that again until the end of December or some time in January. we had scheduled the fall maintenance on our heat pump and gas furnace for this morning so the system got its first workout last night.

31 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Gonna update this, there are RECORDS!! lol

The high of 38.8 degrees breaks the old mark of 40 degrees from 1993, and the low of 18.8 also breaks the record from 1993 of 20 degrees. The 17.9 degree reading at 7:50 am has already set a new minimum for tomorrow, breaking 1991's 22 degree reading. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wxtrix said:

an overnight low of 20 which is the coldest night this season, and I don't expect to come anywhere near that again until the end of December or some time in January. we had scheduled the fall maintenance on our heat pump and gas furnace for this morning so the system got its first workout last night.

I ran my propane heat in my greenhouse last night for the first time. I went in at 7am to check it and it was 86 lol. I'll save that for colder nights. Got down to about 30 here in the wooded area I live. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George BM said:

What was the relative humidity?

Man.. I had to dial it in hard. I had condensation running down the roof last evening when I cranked it up. Humidity was 70%. The plants are pretty large and breathing really well. I had to crank up my dehumidifier to high but I've managed to stabilize it to 72 with a Humidity of 50%. I'm in week one of flower so I'm going to aim at 50-60% Humidity until late flower when I run 50% or less and lower temps at night to about 60. That brings out the color and terps. This greenhouse is new and I'm playing with getting dialed in before they transition into bloom. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic