Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter 2023

George BM

3 hours ago, dailylurker said:

On a positive side note. Doing a crop of weed in my greenhouse from September to the end of December has been easy. No real cold, low humidity levels has saved a lot on electricity. The plants have done amazing as they are entering week 6 of flower. Looks like a stinky Christmas ahead lol

I say we just forget about the Reaper and crown you the "Reefer".   You can help everyone relax come late December relax if we don't see any snow. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I say we just forget about the Reaper and crown you the "Reefer".   You can help everyone relax come late December relax if we don't see any snow. 

Perfect.. I'm down. I've got the most beautiful flowers you can imagine. Grown with love and sea weed. Once you get reefed, I need your mailing address so I can send your free medication lol

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I think it's important to understand a lot of the people here are extremely passionate about snow. Myself included. We need to be have tolerance for meltdowns and weird negative comments here because this is the only place where people can vent without being put into a mental institution lol. I can't go to my friends and family and tell them how I feel when the models pull the rug on a pattern or storm. I do anyway and they think I'm crazy, but I don't care. It better f**king snow soon. I'm sick of 55 and sunny. 

Totally agree with that. I think that's why The Panic Room was such a hit. I think the analysis threads though have become unreadable (not just here) and it just makes me loathe winter tracking now. 

3 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Wait a minute...all this time I thought the Reaper meant serious bid'niz!!!  Now we hear it was all for amusement?!?! :weep::lol:

But you do have a point, winter can definitely be the most dumb (even dumberer!!) time of year on here!! :lol:

And in all honesty, I really appreciated your humor!

'Twas a good time. Retired now. Had the best nap of my life after my Thanksgiving meal. 

Hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving as well! 

relaxing-skelton-richard-jenkins.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Totally agree with that. I think that's why The Panic Room was such a hit. I think the analysis threads though have become unreadable (not just here) and it just makes me loathe winter tracking now. 

'Twas a good time. Retired now. Had the best nap of my life after my Thanksgiving meal. 

Thanks for mentioning The Panic Room! ;) 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

OMG, it's OVER!!!!  If the @Jebman is contemplating a reaping you know it's bad!  It would be @WxWatcher007's greatest triumph I suspect, if the Reaper actually takes the ultimate snow optimist's soul!!  He might even come out of retirement for that! :lol:

LMAO! You guys aren't gonna get out of winter that easy! This is going to be a snow winter like no other in the Mid Atlantic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

NO. YOU ARE NOT RETIRED. 

You are The Reaper. You never retire. Get out there and run that Panic Room.

Or, I just might contemplate jumping.

Not because it's not going to snow in the Washington Metropolitan Region. 

It is going to snow in the Mid Atlantic.  It's gonna snow deep and many times and it will be very cold.

I might contemplate  a Jump because YOU NEED TO REAP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Thanks for mentioning The Panic Room! ;) 

16 minutes ago, Jebman said:

NO. YOU ARE NOT RETIRED. 

You are The Reaper. You never retire. Get out there and run that Panic Room.

Or, I just might contemplate jumping.

Not because it's not going to snow in the Washington Metropolitan Region. 

It is going to snow in the Mid Atlantic.  It's gonna snow deep and many times and it will be very cold.

I might contemplate  a Jump because YOU NEED TO REAP.

Good late evening WW007, Mappy, Jebman. The Reaper may be retired but the Panic Room remains. My UHI blessed NYC was often visited for cold season reaping purposes. The Reaper wasn’t all business. With a much practiced charm, he left a bit of himself after visits. I ran into one of those bits 4 Tuesdays ago. Enjoy retirement and well done. As always …..

IMG_0180.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I have been reading WxRisk.com.

He is correct. We have a strong Nino. The IOD and MEI are weak and/or off, among other metrics.

What this amounts to in English is that what we have here is a strong Nino that is so unusual, that the Mid Atlantic will be totally obliterated by snow this winter. We will have some pac air but we WILL time the cold with the Nino-augmented storms and we are all destined to get GB 2016'd several times.

You heard this here first, from The Jebman.

I like that the mid Atlantic forum gets excited about flurries. No sarcasm.

15 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Shitty football game...NFL should have flexed that dog. Nothing like losing at home on a Monday night to the Bears...yeesh...embarrassing 

That game was so bad that even though I “watched” it, until now I thought MN won! 

16 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Winter is honest to God the most dumb time of year on AmWx. After trying for years to use humor to redirect conversation I just can’t take it anymore. 

The shared love of wx and nature, and the continued contributions of good people are the only things that keep me around. 

Totally agreed, and I'm feeling more strongly about it every year. I accept that I'm becoming more of a curmudgeon as I'm getting older, but I don't think that's the only reason I'm getting more and more annoyed while on here during late fall and winter.

Spring and summer are so chill. No expectations, no one's lives are in danger due to lack of snow, we get the occasional thunderstorm, lots of talk about summer swim...it's just *nice*. Maybe some bitching about heat and dry conditions, but it's not all that bad! 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Looks like you had the extra lean Thanksgiving meal!  Cute dog, too!  Did you toss him any bones to fetch...oh, wait, perhaps bad idea!  ("OK, Spot...hand me back my ribs now!")

Hope you had a good holiday as well!

The Panic Room was indeed brilliant and funny.  I don't know where you got all those images over the years, but they were great!  Don't let the crap posts around here drive you away.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Was looking back on Jan 2016 on YouTube, saw this and thought of you immediately, lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

This is *exactly* what we need to see for any chance at snow this winter. A stout western ridge in Canada and split flow undercutting everything over Baja. Until this shows up, we're cooked. Hopefully we can get some Atlantic blocking to really lock everything in place.

lol

9 hours ago, aldie 22 said:

Shitty football game...NFL should have flexed that dog. Nothing like losing at home on a Monday night to the Bears...yeesh...embarrassing 

The Dobbs thing was fun for a while, but he is clearly a backup QB at best.  They’ve desperately missed Kirk the last two games.  Sounds like a QB competition over the bye week to determine who gets to play the final 5 games.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic