Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

14 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Snowfall totals from last nights snow-rain event, first one of the season with the new background template

11_22.23_jdj_ct_ma_ri_snowfall_totals.thumb.jpg.2f090586236ea6f30ec6c195ae3dac19.jpg

Awesome. Got all of SNE on there now. The 1” line is prob a little further SE in reality but most people prob didn’t measure until morning. I had around an inch about 1am (about halfway between your 0.1” and the light blue line) but by the time I woke up at 6 it was prob down to a couple tenths. 

I wouldn’t bother changing it for this event though. 

9 hours ago, Angus said:

and Wildcat doesn't have the summit lift running today - not sure where they made snow but having ridden the mid-mountain lift (old and slow) in similar storms - skiers/riders are probably feeling mixed blessings

Yes. Last year at start of season they went all-in on 2,100 vertical feet, but the summit lift can be struck with wind-hold and resulted in closure for hours. So, this approach builds the foundation of skiable options, but hopefully they can get the quad going soon. Riding the old/slow lifts makes me feel like I'm at MRG, which is a good feeling too!

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The 4 seasons landscaping does a great job and it’s good they include all of SNE now. 

Emergency meeting at noon tomorrow. Be there.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Awesome. Got all of SNE on there now. The 1” line is prob a little further SE in reality but most people prob didn’t measure until morning. I had around an inch about 1am (about halfway between your 0.1” and the light blue line) but by the time I woke up at 6 it was prob down to a couple tenths. 

Yeah i'm not totally familiar with the all the elevation change and micro climates of mass but i try to do my besst...im sure it will get better over time. This is the first season i have all of SNE, all of the tristate which is a whole 'nother animal, and CT. There also were not many reports since it was just a minor interior elevation event. I use this NWS analysis as a guide. And of course cocorahs/COOP/PNS. These two links are great.

https://www.weather.gov/crh/snowfall

https://www.weather.gov/source/crh/snowmap.html

500818750_Screenshot2023-11-22222016.thumb.png.b51ec649ef9531dadffe3332c1ddeac9.png1649509928_Screenshot2023-11-22222125.thumb.png.659839a19e0cfd3c7e1c0c864643b71c.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m waiting for rays de-briefing of this event. I’m sure he’ll have all the bases covered 

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Can anyone tell me if it was 1995 or 1996 where Northern New England got snow (6"+) on Thanksgiving day?  I'm thinking 1995 but can't find any specific record of it.  I spent the morning snowboarding at Loon with my brother that year and cranked down 93 that afternoon to just catch dinner at my sisters place in Manchester.  My siblings can't seem to recall the year either.  They're all acting like it was 30 years ago or something...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Layman said:

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Can anyone tell me if it was 1995 or 1996 where Northern New England got snow (6"+) on Thanksgiving day?  I'm thinking 1995 but can't find any specific record of it.  I spent the morning snowboarding at Loon with my brother that year and cranked down 93 that afternoon to just catch dinner at my sisters place in Manchester.  My siblings can't seem to recall the year either.  They're all acting like it was 30 years ago or something...

2005?

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

2005?

It was definitely in the 90's.  My sister remembers moving into the apartment in 1995 and I think they moved from there in 1999 or 2000.  I remember it dumping snow in the morning at Loon.  It warmed up throughout the morning to around 32ish and kept snowing up there.  By the time we got down to Manchester (I'm guessing 3-4pm?) there was a trace of snow still on the ground but most of it had melted.  It was sunny and probably high 30's, low 40's in Manchester.  Great day and memory, just can't nail down exactly when it was!

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

2005?

3.7" here that day, but the real events were the EF-0 and EF-1 tornados in the Georgetown area.  Cold air and not a strong system, either - weird.  Neither 95 nor 96 did we have measurable snow at our (then) Gardiner, Maine home.  Biggest T-Day snowfall in our 13 years there was 3.7" in 1987.  Biggest anywhere was 5.5" here in 2014, finishing a 13" dump, our only double-digit snowstorm in 70+ Novembers.

• Like 1