Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

3 minutes ago, MarkO said:

At 35/28, wouldn't you expect to start as snow, or at least sleet?

I'm at 36.3/26.0 and expect to see a couple mangled flakes even though it looks like some southeast flow at lower elevations (I'm guessing) on radar. 

31.3/21.0 up north. Hoping we can squeeze out half a foot up there.

Should be snow I think to start. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Even at MVL... starting at the 18z run, it's gone like 6", 7", 8.5", 10"+ last four runs.

I'm trying to find a nowcast reason why it's going absolutely bonkers, and thats all through like 10am tomorrow.  Like 6 hours of 0.10"/hr< QPF.

There it is, the correction vector cutting QPF by a half inch after 4 runs of steady increase at MVL.

FE32F85F-5D49-4823-B709-121FBF95A2FA.thumb.png.676e9203bcb971890601a727de28c932.png

• Haha 1

Steady light snow now.

Pretty interesting at how marginal it is… the ridge lines around here are showing mixed precipitation on the crests and immediately W/NW.

The Worcester Range is causing a pocket of sleet on the east side of Stowe, and the Green Mtn Spine is causing it on the west side.  Just the slightest downslope of mid-level air causing sleet.

D7D35516-0098-4E5B-ABE2-CF0B492EEF1F.jpeg.a06841603f3ac0cd07cac8729c9e78bc.jpeg

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Steady light snow now.

Pretty interesting at how marginal it is… the ridge lines around here are showing mixed precipitation on the crests and immediately W/NW.

The Worcester Range is causing a pocket of sleet on the east side of Stowe, and the Green Mtn Spine is causing it on the west side.  Just the slightest downslope of mid-level air causing sleet.

Freezing rain at SLK and puking Snow at ALB and GFL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Freezing rain at SLK and puking Snow at ALB and GFL

Even the slightest ripple in the flow is causing mixed precip up north.  I think the terrain is playing a huge role in p-types up north.  Almost wonder if the lower or less severe elevation changes in areas south are not disrupting the marginal mid-level thermals as much?

You want to be on the SE facing side of any terrain up north right now.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Steady light snow now.

Yep, lots of pellets here just west of the spine along with some flakes.  Maybe even little ZR too, full kitchen sink.

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Even the slightest ripple in the flow is causing mixed precip up north.  I think the terrain is playing a huge role in p-types up north.  Almost wonder if the lower or less severe elevation changes in areas south are not disrupting the marginal mid-level thermals as much?

You want to be on the SE facing side of any terrain up north right now.

4 inches near Gore already