Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Mid/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Definitely think the mountains will get some flakes and possibly light accumulations over the next 7-14 days. 

There's also been some hints at some sort of big storm system (maybe tropical in origin?) going well off the coast or perhaps closer-in...but obviously it could just be the GFS doing it's weird super long range stuff. 

I just like seeing a continuation of coastal development along the east coast. I’m not expecting anything significant for a while, but with persistent troughing east of the Mississippi showing up on ensembles we could sneak something. Still so early climo wise. I won’t get excited until it’s basically on the doorstep. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I just like seeing a continuation of coastal development along the east coast. I’m not expecting anything significant for a while, but with persistent troughing east of the Mississippi showing up on ensembles we could sneak something. Still so early climo wise. I won’t get excited until it’s basically on the doorstep. 

Been a very  persistent pattern for awhile  now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

This right here. We are gonna have our chances this winter. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Spent the whole day writing the meat of my outlook. Made a preliminary forecast, too. Might just go ahead and post it soon without waiting for new data. Let the chips fall where they may

You can always make a revised version in a month after new data. No one would fault you for it. I for one appreciate new insight after seeing the new data. Textbook long range forecasting. :)

• Like 5

I would say it looks like there is a signal for a strong low end of next week. The details would probably not favor snow this early in the season (well, except maybe the mountains), but it does look like it brings another cold period right after it regardless of the details on rain, amounts, any snow close by. But, I wonder if that has sticking power. I am guessing not based on the progression. Always fun to be tracking signals again!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic