• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
wdrag

12 minutes ago, lee59 said:

I think the coastal is intensifying earlier and stronger than expected. Wind now gusting over 30mph. the high here is 34mph. Finally some rain, not much up to now, only .02 of an inch.

We're probably going to be on the more windy east side of the low but less rain. Big west trend with the low/rain today.

Just had a gust of wind blow over my (full) garbage cans and my stacked Adirondack chairs (which I do whenever there’s even a chance of gusty winds) off the porch. Gotta take a 45-50mph gust to do that. I understand a shift in direction with a coastal front, but to not even put it out there that these kind of winds were a possibility is big L for the NWS. 

7 minutes ago, guinness77 said:

Just had a gust of wind blow over my (full) garbage cans and my stacked Adirondack chairs (which I do whenever there’s even a chance of gusty winds) off the porch. Gotta take a 45-50mph gust to do that. I understand a shift in direction with a coastal front, but to not even put it out there that these kind of winds were a possibility is big L for the NWS. 

Agreed. My patio furniture is now strewn all over the yard because I wasn’t expecting 50 mph winds. Tisk tisk

Definitely best winds in a while, granted im

further from the water then where I grew up. But the trees have that sound in lynbrook. Meanwhile it’s snowing as hard as I have have ever seen it on the Stratton mt. Southern Vermont cams. Gotta be 3/4” hour rates above 2000’. Might not last long but this storms over preforming. 

• Like 2

sighhh.... flurry expectation continues tomorrow beginning with scattered dusting potential as early as sunrise nw NJ-se NYS. High res models picking up on this.  We'll see what happens NYC...if it's a harmless flurry at the ASOS.  Should be plenty of virga for NYC-LI tomorrow at the least. 

fwiw: I don't see any LSR wind posted from OKX/PHI (last evenings wind)

What am thinking for my friends on FB: I84 corridor-NYC-LI-northern NJ: Flurries likely Tuesday with scattered brief dustings to as much as 1/2 or even 1" on a few higher terrain roads above 600 feet. Exactly where the lake effect bands occur is uncertain but I'm pretty sure of spotty brief and minor accumulations that may cause some slippery spots, especially Poconos into the northwest third of NJ, se NYS, CT-MA. Do not be surprised if it looks a little wintry for a short time Tuesday and Tuesday night. 

I probably won't be back on American Weather til Tuesday. Have a good day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2