Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Wow. Nice looking. Congratulations. You got a big lug on that track(2”?).  Planning on doing a lot of boondocking?  My new sled should be in by the end of the month is what I hear… great time of year. 

It’s coming.  

it is 2". I usually ride a 1.6", but the sled came with 2". We do do some offtrail so it'll be good there and actually is pretty good on trail. what did you order?

15 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

it is 2". I usually ride a 1.6", but the sled came with 2". We do do some offtrail so it'll be good there and actually is pretty good on trail. what did you order?

Lol, ya looked like a 2” from the pictures. Just go easy when on trail at first, sometimes those lugs can fold over on prolonged groomed hard packed riding…but maybe this one will be different on the Assault(great crossover sled). 

I ordered the Doo 850 MXZ XRS 850 Turbo R Comp.  Really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Low 37.4°

Absurdly late for the first 30s

These crisp mornings feel good. Foliage  just kind of meh near the Lakes region. Some color, but a lot of sticks or some green from the Oaks. Definitely didn’t seem that vibrant as in previous years and a lot seemed to come down. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol, ya looked like a 2” from the pictures. Just go easy when on trail at first, sometimes those lugs can fold over on prolonged groomed hard packed riding…but maybe this one will be different on the Assault(great crossover sled). 

I ordered the Doo 850 MXZ XRS 850 Turbo R Comp.  Really looking forward to it. 

oh yeah, i recall you saying that last spring. nice sled, congrats

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m not sure how much I trust a 110mph gust in 1804.

A lot of those knickers and britches storms are made up ,as they had nothing to measure winds with.. but I just don’t get why canes have stopped coming. I’d give up an entire winter of snow.. maybe several for a big cane hit 

• Confused 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A lot of those knickers and britches storms are made up ,as they had nothing to measure winds with.. but I just don’t get why canes have stopped coming. I’d give up an entire winter of snow.. maybe several for a big cane hit 

Are they actually happening less frequently here in New England?   I know there haven’t been any biggies in a while but those are rare anyways.  

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

These crisp mornings feel good. Foliage  just kind of meh near the Lakes region. Some color, but a lot of sticks or some green from the Oaks. Definitely didn’t seem that vibrant as in previous years and a lot seemed to come down. 

It's pretty much like that everywhere. S***** year.

16 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Oct 8, PYMs avg 1st 32? That's what local met says. Seems very early and wrong

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Is that the 1991-2020 average, or long-term.   The median here is Sept 19 but for the last 5 years it's Sept 30.

Temp was headed toward 32 under starry skies at 10 last evening, but clouds stopped it at 37.  Probably frosts tomorrow morning.