• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

A frosty start to the day here in the County with temps in many of the lower valley spots in the low 20's. Here in East Nantmeal we are down to 25.4 this is our coldest temperature since the 24.2 on March 20th. So far here in November we are running almost a degree below normal in average temperatures. We should see below normal temps continuing through mid-week but with warmer temps both Thursday and Friday before another turn to chillier weather which should last through much of the remainder of November. Our best chance of rain in a while appears to be on Friday night...fingers crossed!
Records for today: High 78 (1902) / Low 17 (1920) / Rain 2.33" (1904) / Snow 1.5" (2014)
image.png.6ddbd4999341ff421b2af6bfa2e46749.png

11 hours ago, canderson said:

Does Williamsport have any good restaurants? I got tickets to see Isbell there in February and know nothing about it other than the Wegmans we stop at on the way to our Canadian land and it can get a bit stabby in some areas. 

Not sure how the food is, but go to New Trail brewery.  Beer is good. All I've got for ya.

https://newtrailbrewing.com/

• Like 1

Low of 26 here.  National high of 92 at Punta Gorda, FL and low of 3 at Angel Fire, NM.

Hoping this system towards the end of the week comes mostly overnight on Friday because we're taking the kids up to State College for the Rutgers game.  Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment ha.  We have some friends who just got a new camper and invited us to break it in with them at the game.  They also have two toddlers so it works out.  We'll be staying at Grange Park for the first time.  Anyone have any experience there?  How did you like it, advice, etc.?

• Like 1

Just now, Jns2183 said:

I second vote this. As someone in the business they are wonderful in every way and I like to reward that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Absolutely.  I'm all about helping the little guy, and we are very fortunate to have a lot of "little guys" in the brewery space in PA.

They were at a local pub the other week, and Josh and his crew were really cool.  :beer:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Does Williamsport have any good restaurants? I got tickets to see Isbell there in February and know nothing about it other than the Wegmans we stop at on the way to our Canadian land and it can get a bit stabby in some areas. 

Bullfrog Brewery about 2 blocks north of Wegmans.

Fairly easy off and on the highway. 

• Like 2

Since its almost Turkey time, I just parsed over the Ens guidance (as I was out for a few days), and have to say I'm liking the trends here in the east for next week.  Looks chilly and some snow showers for normal lucky ones, and they may add some spirit to the season (assuming trends continue).  Likely transient, but will be a chilly period if this verifies.

gem-ens_z500a_us_42.png

• Like 1

Just looked at the month stats for MDT and despite the recent colder snap, they are still above normal for the month of November at + .5.  The departure is getting chipped away slowly and models continue to suggest a good chance Nov ends up being below normal especially as we get into next week (some double-digit departure AN days may be coming this week.)

22 minutes ago, Chief83 said:

Worcester, PA.  Low this AM was  20.5.  I'm in a tradionally cold spot so this is not unusual for such a morning.   My son a few miles away was 21.5 so I think it is correct. 

We need some rain. (or better yet - some snow, but have to keep it reasonable).

I believe i heard on ABC27 yesterday morning Harrisburg is 9" behind