• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Hey, all! It's been some time since I last posted...ever since the mission of the board admin. to be total jackwagons to our Upstate NY sub forum. (We all have a much better, "safe" space now..lol)
I have always loved coming here to check up on conditions in my home state of PA and hometown of Lancaster. What's happened to you guys? You've always been a friendly, charming bunch. It seems recently there's a much more jaded, cynical, pissed off vibe. Maybe it's the crappy winters...or a few posters I've noticed who display pompous, a-hole behaviors to everybody. Don't let them dictate the tone of your subforum.
P.S. Climate Changer does the same thing on the now-dead Upstate NY subforum. It's quite humorous, as it appears he is talking to himself. Anyway, here's to hoping for a snowy winter for you all and a White Christmas for my visit to Danville during Christmas week!
Please feel free to post more here. I mean, if I *have* to scroll past the local weather rundown at Bam Margera's house, I'd be more than happy to read about the goings-on in the upstate. In fact I'd prefer it.

I know, I could always visit, but @canderson travels so much in real life that we pleebs can't even travel digitally to offset his movements, so I'm stuck here.

I'll put a gate in the wall for folks like you.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Please feel free to post more here. I mean, if I *have* to scroll past the local weather rundown at Bam Margera's house, I'd be more than happy to read about the goings-on in the upstate. In fact I'd prefer it.

I know, I could always visit, but @canderson travels so much in real life that we pleebs can't even travel digitally to offset his movements, so I'm stuck here.

I hope you won't mind my weather reports from London and Amsterdam in a week for two weeks ... 

• Like 1

Lookin at overnighters, if GFS is to be believed, and follows patterns of the past, it officially has entered the "lose the storm" period for mid next week.  Other majors say something is still there, although they too have lost it a bit.  Icon still has it if that gives any of you the warm fuzzies, then thats the model to hug.

Still plenty cold for that period, so IF we can get something to pop, it should be wintery and not wet.  Beyond that GFS has a nice little clipper for next weekend, but I'd say lets just see how vort #1 plays out before worrying about the next.  

End guidance a tad better than yesterday IMO, and if GFS suite is to be considered, its not a dumpster fire through mid Dec.  Not great but not terrible and zonalish twds the end.  

• Sad 1

I hope you won't mind my weather reports from London and Amsterdam in a week for two weeks ... 
Oh not at all. I'll have to consult the god of personal movement if I'll have to offset this bullshit by staying in bed and just pissing and shitting where I sleep or if two or three stops to the toilet will be okay before it knocks the world adrift.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Hey Matt.  Hope all is well up north.  We are a pretty decent bunch, and are typically cool about outsiders comin in to chat up weather.  I'd say most of us are totally cool w/ that, but of late there's been a decent amount of trolling by a few, and its just gettin under some of our skins.  You've been here and know how we roll.  I guess a few of us (maybe I'm one of the aholes...dunno) are just calling it out, and trying to keep the chill vibe flowin and not muddied up (like some of the other retional forum threads).  I weed through tons of sports chatter to find weather snippets, and as many here are sports junkies, I roll w/ it as its not my board, but if/when we start chattin up weather and get trolled or are told to "wait till the storm happens" so that the same poster can tell us daily about warm climate stats...I hope you see the point. 

If we want to have off topic banter, we should separate threads, but that's also been shot down, so we have one big basket that all of our chat falls in, and if that's how its gonna roll....sometimes ya just gotta take out the trash.  That's all. 

Lookin forward to seeing more of your posts in the winter months.

Hey, weather brother. You are absolutely NOT one of those aholes. The fact you took the time and thoughtfulness to write back proves that. I have always enjoyed your conversation. I am glad you guys are still able to do that, as we were no longer permitted to do so. (Although Bx sort of threatened it.) You have any plans to go up to the Northern Tier to find more winter this upcoming season?

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It has been an unpleasant week but always enjoy your contributions. 

Thanks, Bubbler. I look forward to discussing our local mulch-whiteners this upcoming season! :lol:

37 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

The real question is...will you give me the key? ;) The wife and I will be coming to your neck of the woods a couple times throughout the winter to visit our family and friends in DuBois. Let us in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Hey, weather brother. You are absolutely NOT one of those aholes. The fact you took the time and thoughtfulness to write back proves that. I have always enjoyed your conversation. I am glad you guys are still able to do that, as we were no longer permitted to do so. (Although Bx sort of threatened it.) You have any plans to go up to the Northern Tier to find more winter this upcoming season?

Thx bud.  Dunno what happened in your hood, but sorry if you got modded to death.  To me, some modding would be great in our big basket, but I guess watch what you wish for...and with a few of us not being afraid to speak up....we are sorta self governing. 

Just came back from 6 days at cabin in Tioga.  Saw snow on n off Tues morn.  5 miles north of me they plowed (sabinsville), while i only had 1/2" at best.  Still nice to see.  I'll be at cabin a few times between now n just after new years for flintlock season.  Likely hit Atomix area (houtzdale) as well with my best bud.  

After that i hope to blow alot of dust off the snowmobiles at the cabin, as they've basically sat for 2 years. 

if you're down in the area, look me up.  would be great to grab a pint.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Thanks, Bubbler. I look forward to discussing our local mulch-whiteners this upcoming season! :lol:

The real question is...will you give me the key? ;) The wife and I will be coming to your neck of the woods a couple times throughout the winter to visit our family and friends in DuBois. Let us in!

Careful. Some of these folks don’t like when I bring up DuBois weather stats, for some reason.