• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Autumn 2023

I brought this up before but imagine being a meteorologist in 1959/1960 in Harrisburg. From 1888-1958 the greatest snowfall seen in these parts was 55" in 1918. What odds would you give that within the next 10 years you would see snow accumulate 81.3", 74.7", 60.6", 51.6", 50.5", 48.4"? At the end of that decade half of the top 10 snows ever to hit to that point happened. Besides the years in the 1960's the latest year on the top ten list was 1945. The number 1 snowfall coming into 1960 is currently number 10 on our list. We in fact have been blessed with the greatest winters ever in the past 64 years compared to the 74 years before.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cutting down the ornamental/pampas grass I see!   That stuff cuts the crap out of me if not wear covering over everything. 

Yes indeed.  I always wait until I need everything coverd to cut it down. I still have 8 to 10 truckloads to go before I get all my clients grasses cleaned up . I am usually busy with fall cleanups until Dec 20th. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Yes indeed.  I always wait until I need everything coverd to cut it down. I still have 8 to 10 truckloads to go before I get all my clients grasses cleaned up . I am usually busy with fall cleanups until Dec 20th. 

What's the best way to kill that invasive weed? I tried burning and burying it under topsoil but that didn't work, I'd rather not use roundup. 

Just now, PSUWhiteout70 said:

What's the best way to kill that invasive weed? I tried burning and burying it under topsoil but that didn't work, I'd rather not use roundup. 

Industrial strength vinegar sometimes will work . Snapshot or preen in March depending on what it is. Putting a dark tarp over it on sunny hot days. What's is it? 

16 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I agree with you @PSUWhiteout70. I have been kicked out of the forum more than most . As much as I cant stand Greta and friends your probably ruffling the  feathers of half the contributors . Certainly with the ones that will sick the Bxengine on you. 

Ruffling feathers is not a bad thing, lucky for us the founders weren't afraid to ruffle some feathers back in the day. Somethings got to get through to counter the endless propaganda that's being shoved down our throats daily, it amazes me at how effective it is until I realize that sheep are easily herded.  Critical thinking seems to be going extinct. 

• Like 1