• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

Another frosty start across most of the County this morning. Temperatures look to remain slightly below normal over the weekend and into the start of the new work week. However we should stay above freezing for night time lows for the upcoming week. Colder air looks likely to return again by the middle of the month.
Records for today: High 80 (2003) / Low 17 (1951) / Rain 1.24" (1910) and Snow 1.0" (1910) part of the 2nd largest early season snowstorm in Chester County history with another 5.6" falling on the 4th for a 6.6" total. The greatest early season snowfall in the county occurred just 12 years ago with the 9.0" of snow that fell on October 29, 2011.
image.png.2ed1c250806bac0b7a435de16d61b004.png

Just now, sauss06 said:

great times

I think...that in most of our area, the first storm dropped more snow; however, the 2nd storm was actually more impressive. While the first storm featured heavy snow, the follow up was a true blizzard. I had verified blizzard conditions the morning of the 10th, and the snow really blew and drifted from that bad boy. Just an amazing amount of snow on the ground after that...might not see depths like that again in our lifetime. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There was a 3rd storm near the end of Feb. 2010 that looked like it might crush us yet again...but just missed to our NE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_25–27,_2010,_North_American_blizzard#

With a slightly better “Snowicane” track, Harrisburg could have got into that 20 inch snow range with that beast of a storm.
That would have made 09-10 a top ten snowfall Winter at MDT.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

There was a slight inversion over here as a couple hundred feet down they were in the 35-37 area.  THV takes inversion and expands upon it.  LOL

Biggest inversion I've ever seen was a morning a few years back where I had to scrape frost in Tamaqua and when I got to work up the hill in Hazleton it was in the low 50's.

• Like 2