• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not as far and i would opt for Bar Harbor, Go to Acadia, Thunder Hole is going to be epic.

https://www.nps.gov/places/thunder-hole.htm

5 minutes ago, CTSkywarn said:

I'd just drive to Portland and then take the ferry boat to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, if they are still running.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I saw that Acadia is going to be closing on Saturday.

And the CAT Ferry hasn't run out of Portland for like 10 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

waiting to make my decision until tonight and Eastport is a option 

Eastport is quite sheltered if you check out a map of it. I was surprised when we went, its surrounded by islands so no wave action. There are also two causeways to get out there that could be an issue. Lubec at least has Quoddy Head. Jonesport or Machias area could actually be better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Eastport definitely will have worse conditions. 

Eastport is on the north side of Cobscook Bay and will get wind but probably not the big waves.  Lubec isn't much farther, and West Quoddy Head will be wild.  Or if you want to rough it, a mile-plus hike on the Cutler bold coast trail (trailhead parking off Rt 191 about 4 miles past the town) might be even wilder, getting splashed while atop a 60' bluff facing Grand Manan. 

Edit:  Ninja'd by Powderbeard.   

2nd edit:  Schoodic Point might be open, and it's closer than the above sites.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

For ex: google map Archies Cartway or any of that area of Brewster.  Good luck getting crews to those areas when trees are blocking roads.

She is on a paved road off Millstone a few streets from 137.  Does not lose power often.  She’s worried now.  I think it’s probably fine.  She could just drive back to CT on Sunday I suppose.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Eastport is on the north side of Cobscook Bay and will get wind but probably not the big waves.  Lubec isn't much farther, and West Quoddy Head will be wild.  Or if you want to rough it, a mile-plus hike on the Cutler bold coast trail (trailhead parking off Rt 191 about 4 miles past the town) might be even wilder, getting splashed while atop a 60' bluff facing Grand Manan. 

Edit:  Ninja'd by Powderbeard.   

2nd edit:  Schoodic Point might be open, and it's closer than the above sites.

The waves into those big cliffs of West Quoddy will be incredible. As if the carnivorous Pitcher plants are not amazing enough. 

download.jpeg-3.jpg

• Like 2

I have a flight leaving BOS and headed NE to Edinburgh at 9 pm tomorrow :unsure: Winds don't seem too out of control at that point, but I'm admittedly not as familiar with the sustained/gust threshold for commercial airlines and what qualifies for a delay or cancellation...

Hrmmm that’s a bit close but you’ll be heading up and away from the storm…. Unsure really. any updates from airline?

Just now, Childude645 said:

Hrmmm that’s a bit close but you’ll be heading up and away from the storm…. Unsure really. any updates from airline?

No updates! Says on time, so I guess we'll see. I feel like the thing I have going for me is a strong headwind. At least no t-storms will be in the vicinity! Crossing fingers...