• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In summer with fully leafed trees and saturated ground. 50-65mph gusts will do all sorts of damage. That’s what I was hoping for here . I’ll never understand how wx hobbyists don’t root for extremes . There’s no other reason to follow weather . Not saying that’s you.. just in general 

It will only take once. No A/C, no heat, all the food in the fridge goes bad. Having no electricity for a week (been there done that) is tough, after a week it's brutal.
Can't go eat somewhere, ATM's are down. At night nothing but a lantern and or flashlight, celI service goes down even if you have a charger it does no good. I learned the hard-way.
Extremes are what we post for. Some events shouldn't be hyped or wished for a hurricane is one of those extremes. Go chase one, experience the fury outside your hood then you'll understand. Can't compare a hurricane to a snowstorm. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Nigel would probably have a better shot than Lee…if anything because of it’s starting latitude 

Lee had excellent starting latitude too relative to climo. Too much troughing prevented it from getting further west. I’m more skeptical of 97L but unlike Lee and Margot following Franklin and Idalia it *should* be the only game in town in the Atlantic. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

It will only take once. No A/C, no heat, all the food in the fridge goes bad. Having no electricity for a week (been there done that) is tough, after a week it's brutal.
Can't go eat somewhere, ATM's are down. At night nothing but a lantern and or flashlight, celI service goes down even if you have a charger it does no good. I learned the hard-way.
Extremes are what we post for. Some events shouldn't be hyped or wished for a hurricane is one of those extremes. Go chase one, experience the fury outside your hood then you'll understand. Can't compare a hurricane to a snowstorm. 

I could like this post a hundred times. Finally some reason! I have been through it with the October snowstorm of 2011 and I wouldn't wish the experience on anyone. There's plenty of reason to be a hobbyist just because one doesn't want to see destruction and suffering. I just don't get it.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Gets pushed NNE for a while. Berg saves the trees on his property that were never in danger while Halifax get inundated. 

I'm not convinced at that 18z gfs lol.  I see the bend back NNW towards W Nova Scotia 00z Saturday, I'd see that as a red flag that it's a real thing at this point. Not bad odds it happens much sooner, but could be "overall" what it is..too late for CC or ENE in general

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Pretty sure many of us outside the major cities have been without power for at least a week

• Like 2

I honest to God do not understand how people that have been posting around one another for years—in some cases literally coming of age on wx boards decades ago—feel the need to defend their dark desire or profess their most profound aversion to potentially destructive wx as if they’re posting the first time.

Every. Single. Time. 

Anyone who spends time in this insane asylum knows where you stand, and your opinion does not sway anyone else one iota. 

If you’re scared of a tree falling on your house because some weenie in Moose Teet, New Hampshire is hoping for 1938, or scared that you’ll get struck down because you felt a tingle when a op run at 316 put a cane over your backyard, leave that s*** with God, not this or any other thread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

26 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I honest to God do not understand how people that have been posting around one another for years—in some cases literally coming of age on wx boards decades ago—feel the need to defend their dark desire or profess their most profound aversion to potentially destructive wx as if they’re posting the first time.

Every. Single. Time. 

Anyone who spends time in this insane asylum knows where you stand, and your opinion does not sway anyone else one iota. 

If you’re scared of a tree falling on your house because some weenie in Moose Teet, New Hampshire is hoping for 1938, or scared that you’ll get struck down because you felt a tingle when a op run at 316 put a cane over your backyard, leave that s*** with God, not this or any other thread. 

The worst part is folks post about it like what someone desires has ANY outcome on the final result. 

Its like nails on a chalkboard.  WGAF if you root for it or not… no one is changing the outcome either way.

• Thanks 1

Natural disasters have been happening since the dawn of the earth. Nothing new. Will continue to happen for the entire life of the earth. It just is what it is.

No one is hoping for anyone to get injured or worse. We are just extremely deprived of interesting WX and want to see something happen.

do I want to live a week without electricity… No, but that’s why I have a genny.

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteLawns said:

Natural disasters have been happening since the dawn of the earth. Nothing new. Will continue to happen for the entire life of the earth. It just is what it is.

No one is hoping for anyone to get injured or worse. We are just extremely deprived of interesting WX and want to see something happen.

do I want to live a week without electricity… No, but that’s why I have a genny.

Yes , yup , and yee haw . No one is here because they enjoy San Diego wx. We are all extremists for big wx events 

• Like 2