Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shocker. These things always Texas 2 step north south north last 3 -4 days. A nasty soaking wet 7 day period of coming starting Sat.Folks can wish it away all they want and post silly maps of blocking. It coming . Deal with it 

Saturday and Sunday perhaps…but I don’t think it goes beyond that if we get it this weekend.  Next week is looking quite autumnal at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I happen to not agree. It may dry out mid week .. but Sat - Wed look hideous 

Ya that’s cool Kev.  Maybe you’ll be right on that?  

My hope is that if it’s gonna be a drizzle light rain type of crap…then let’s flush it south.  If it’s gonna ruin the weekend…then let’s get into the big stuff. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya that’s cool Kev.  Maybe you’ll be right on that?  

My hope is that if it’s gonna be a drizzle light rain type of crap…then let’s flush it south.  If it’s gonna ruin the weekend…then let’s get into the big stuff. 

No one wants or wishes for or needs more rain . Other than Ineedrain who just covets miserable cold rainy wx  in any season  so he can sit inside and look at puddles . I don’t see the optimism some are expressing here about a beautiful fall weekend and week next week. The rain may stop by Monday .. but onshore flow this time of year means fog/ clouds etc 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Nahhh…just don’t want the meh .25-.50 BS either.  Get it out of here completely. But if we have to rain, let’s go big-or forget it. 

I’m all done with big rain for a long time. 
Today I had to take a different route to work and also had to go to a different site.  The road damage from last week’s flooding was pretty significant.   I hadn’t seen that in person yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’m all done with big rain for a long time. 
Today I had to take a different route to work and also had to go to a different site.  The road damage from last week’s flooding was pretty significant.   I hadn’t seen that in person yet. 

This 18z GFS would be much appreciated.  Pretty dry regionwide through Day 10+.  What rain is there is this weekend.

610088C9-9A56-44A3-8725-213863A87F95.thumb.png.f15b975ea6fb1c2398a9f06f636a2c36.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I had the town slightly off. It was at the Castleton in Windham NH. It ended up being a great evening. It was a little breezy during the ceremony but it was sunny and generally pleasant.

and I got Covid, that’s not so great 

close enough town-wise. Glad to hear the weather was ok

Sorry about that.  I might have helped cause the KGW.

I popped into Bissell after work and noticed a bald middle aged man on his phone at the bar.  Thought he looked familiar so I gave his phone a quick glance and saw this website.  Yankees polo shirt and audible ramblings about "dews" helped confirm. 

I sent a flight his way and skipped out before he noticed. 

Beer ye beer ye.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, DavisStraight said:

This is the time of year it seems they're on the move and get hit by cars and spray any animals they run into.

Fascinating critters.  They are actually non-aggressive and prefer not to spray unless necessary.  Great pest control and fun to watch as long as you keep your pets away.  Most mammals won't mess with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joey2002 said:

Has Kev ever run into one? 

Funny you mention that. Last week there was one sitting right by the curb on a lawn in my neighborhood. It was dark but I saw something moving and as I got closer it stopped and I realized what it was. Thankfully it did not come after me . I bolted over to other side of street and ran very fast looking over shoulder.. just like the time I saw the bear this past spring.

• Like 1