Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

He was probably taking care of your mice for you.

Well, He definitely takes care of the pigeons in the courtyard, Got to witness one of his attacks personally one day as he shredded one for his dinner, The warden release hm in the courtyard and about 20 pigeons took off from the roof top........lol 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

If SkiMRG had your keyboard it would be “where’s the heat?  Max of only 83F at my house last three days. No big deal.”

On the other hand, one could ignore afternoon highs completely and only post morning mins and afternoon dews, like the temp doesn’t exist.

Funny thinking of how the same data is presented by different people. 

It stays quite pleasant in the glenn there for him.

21 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

The usual debate has begun here why we still have 6 of 17 schools without AC....it will be forgotten come 2 weeks from now when it's sweatshirt time

Part of our school has AC. I am in a core section. No AC but little sun.  The rooms across the hall get full afternoon sun. We are up on a hill.   When I left, one room was 87F

Car thermo was at 93F on Rte 2 near KFIT 

Nice warm summer day.  Currently 88/72. 

Anyone else still dealing with Deer Flies and/or Black flies?  This is easily the latest into the warm season I've ever seen them. 

Deer flies were unrelenting up until about a week ago.  Only saw/heard one or two on today's walk.  Usually they are done by last week of July or first week of August.

Black flies are still going strong though.  A couple of lulls as various species died off, but then a new batch (or another species) hatches and it's Black flies in the eyes and ears all over again.  Ridiculously annoying.

Need a good hurricane to blow them all to Canada.

41 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

He was probably taking care of your mice for you.

lol, our cat brought a mole into our bed last night at 1am. Wife woke up screaming kicking the sheets off. I grabbed a salad bowl and got the bugger into it and outside he went. didn't get much sleep anyways, so that added some excitement. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Anyone else still dealing with Deer Flies and/or Black flies?  This is easily the latest into the warm season I've ever seen them. 

Deer flies were unrelenting up until about a week ago.  Only saw/heard one or two on today's walk.  Usually they are done by last week of July or first week of August.

Black flies are still going strong though.  A couple of lulls as various species died off, but then a new batch (or another species) hatches and it's Black flies in the eyes and ears all over again.  Ridiculously annoying.

Ask and you shall receive 

• Like 1

Have yet to hit 90 on the PWS so far this year. But today was my 2nd warmest reading of the year (88.7F), just behind the 89.1F high I had back on...April 14  :arrowhead:

There's a decent chance that come the end of the week, 4 of the 5 hottest days of the year here will have fallen outside of meteorological summer

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

lol, our cat brought a mole into our bed last night at 1am. Wife woke up screaming kicking the sheets off. I grabbed a salad bowl and got the bugger into it and outside he went. didn't get much sleep anyways, so that added some excitement. 

Our cat has done that before with a mouse, my wife got it out, he also brough a snake into the house once and just left it in the living room when he was done playing with it. I thought it was a rubber snake my wife bought for the cat to play with until it stated slithering across the floor.

Im down to 82/69

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Have yet to hit 90 on the PWS so far this year. But today was my 2nd warmest reading of the year (88.7F), just behind the 89.1F high I had back on...April 14  :arrowhead:

There's a decent chance that come the end of the week, 4 of the 5 hottest days of the year here will have fallen outside of meteorological summer

I feel like we’ve done that a lot lately up north too… gets real hot in like April or May with 90+ prior to full leaf out.  Then summer is meh for max temps but we’ll run 90+ in September again.

53 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

No deer flies really at all this summer. A few in July.   Now we have some relentless no see um things.   The surface of my pool had zillions of dead gnat type things yesterday evening which was weird.    

36 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Yeah. Our hottest this season here was in April. Then a couple of days in June

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You knew the day the kids went back to school, that we’d rattle off like two weeks of pure summer finally.  Sorry HubbDave and those in classrooms.

I think I foretold this a while back.  I sorta figured it would be a week later but not unexpected 

My wife started in a new district in a 1 year old school.  No AC on her floor (top level).    Wheeeee!

I feel like we’ve done that a lot lately up north too… gets real hot in like April or May with 90+ prior to full leaf out.  Then summer is meh for max temps but we’ll run 90+ in September again.

Yeah…I mean the early September heat/humidity is certainly not unusual down here. You can almost predict it by the school calendar…first or second week back there’s always a few uncomfortable days in there somewhere.

But having our hottest day of the year in mid-April is unheard of along the CT shoreline, given LI Sound temps that time of year and the ease at which the sea breeze penetrates inland. I’m a few miles inland, but typically April temps at BDL in the 80s that time of year means a low-70s high at noon and temps falling into the low 60s by 4-5pm with a chilly breeze. So if that April high stands as our warmest day it’s will a bit of an anomaly. But we still have a couple more days here with a shot to crack 90, so we’ll see.
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Yeah…I mean the early September heat/humidity is certainly not unusual down here. You can almost predict it by the school calendar…first or second week back there’s always a few uncomfortable days in there somewhere.

But having our hottest day of the year in mid-April is unheard of along the CT shoreline, given LI Sound temps that time of year and the ease at which the sea breeze penetrates inland. I’m a few miles inland, but typically April temps at BDL in the 80s that time of year means a low-70s high at noon and temps falling into the low 60s by 4-5pm with a chilly breeze. So if that April high stands as our warmest day it’s will a bit of an anomaly. But we still have a couple more days here with a shot to crack 90, so we’ll see.

Ahh great info on the Sound. I totally forgot about that in your location.  That’s super impressive then.

Up in NNE here it seems like the dry ground, red flag type days before full green-up can mix out to some high temperatures… like 90/45 stuff.  And seems many of the mountain valley ASOS spots away from the Atlantic influence can really torch during the early warm season.

But yeah being on the LIS with SST at that time of year, that seems pretty rare/wild.

57 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Have really enjoyed this weather at the beach last 3 days . I think Hampton May have got to low 80’s w dews . Really feels good at the beach . Hope it sticks around for the swell next week then it can F off

Much more to come thru next week prior to Lee hit. After that and outages etc.. it’ll get cool