• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter 2023

George BM

They lose two to the Cards and lose the first two to the Rays, and everyone is getting a bit edgy. Maybe the O's are going the way of the 2011 Red Sox? Reverting to their Pythagorean? But then G-Rod plays ace, the O's take the next two from the Rays, clinch the playoffs, take two semi-slugfests from an Astros team that's still very good. Their record against teams over .500 (a more viable stat than some Fangraphs over-engineered "power rating") is the best in the league and behind only (of course) Atlanta. (What a beast that team is.) If they win the division, the O's have home field through the playoffs. What a season. 

They need to hold the division though. Otherwise, they're a 4 seed, even though Baltimore would still likely have the second-best record in the league. (Something wrong there.) They do have the tiebreaker against TB, and the O's seem to have the easier balance-of-the-schedule: Cleveland, the Nats, Boston. TB plays mostly Toronto and Boston. 

It'd be real nice to get Bautista back, too, although the O's have gone 14-8 in his absence.

It just seems proper that the Orioles and Rays play for the Series slot. Two small markets, just about game they've played this year has been exciting. I'm so sick of hearing about the "legendary" Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. That's yesterday's news. Baltimore-TB: that's where the action is now. I wonder how the Yuckees and Red Sux like being 19 and 20 games out?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Even with an O's loss yesterday, it wasn't as bad with the Rays losing to the Angels. The Rays margin of error is razor thin, and they couldn't afford a loss like that yesterday. 

O's magic number is 7 with 10 to play and the Rays have 9 to play.  I'm certainly not hoping to limp into the playoffs, but even a 5-5 record against the Guardians, Nats, and Red Sox would probably be enough.  Obviously, with an overworked pitching staff, the sooner we clinch the better, but the first round bye would be huge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

O's magic number is 7 with 10 to play and the Rays have 9 to play.  I'm certainly not hoping to limp into the playoffs, but even a 5-5 record against the Guardians, Nats, and Red Sox would probably be enough.  Obviously, with an overworked pitching staff, the sooner we clinch the better, but the first round bye would be huge.

Bullpen desperately needs a couple off days or a fresh arm. I expect a roster move today. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Bullpen desperately needs a couple off days or a fresh arm. I expect a roster move today. 

Probably Bauman optioned.

Need another 7 inning performance from Grayson tonight like last week.

4 days at this time of the season is an eternity till they're next day off on Monday.

After they failed to score in the 6th inning with 1st and 3rd and no outs I figured it wouldn't end well knowing that most of there high leverage guys were unavailable yesterday. 

Hey wx fam! Been a nutty year for me. Been wantin to update longtime wx geek friends but time keeps slippin.... until today

I spend 75% of my time in sw VA now lol Became good friends with the contractor who did the initial clearing on our tract of land. We started working together and it clicked immediately. I've had more fun running heavy equipment in the last 4 months than I did my entire 20+ office career lol. 

Wife and I are aiming to sell Rockville in mid spring and we're building everything in VA ourselves. Buddy I'm working with has his homebuilders license so we're going to do it together. Have plans now but need a VA architect for mods and final. PM me if anyone knows a fair one. And by fair I mean it's a simple plan with simple mods. Don't be thinking new BMW cuz I already talked to you and laughed behind your back hahaha

I've done so much chainsaw milling in my free time I'm ready for a bandsaw mill with 20' of track. I'm allowed to mill my own hardwood beams for construction framing. So cool. Can't wait. House will be framed with the red oaks i haveto clear for the home site.

I built an outhouse entirely with a chainsaw mill and basic tools in my spare time lol. Dropped every tree and turned it into a building. Lol. Never in a zillion years would i have guessed this path 5 years ago. 

I've been slowly restoring the 1967 Massey Ferguson diesel tractor I bought last winter. That thing is bombproof. Runs perfect and I beat on it all the time. Chipping, hauling, grading, and dragging stuff is a typical week. Never complains. I'll be done painting the wheels within 2 weeks. Everything works like it did out of the factory. Prob another 50 years of hard service ahead. What a trip lol

20230921_101058.jpg

• Like 19

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

Nice outhouse btw :devilsmiley:

Lol. It was a major upgrade from the previous... ummm...unwalled hole in ground. Zero to hero. I was called the "#1 of #2s" during the inaugural weekend. :tomato:

I was going to buy newer/smaller tractor but the emissions and electronics are a nightmare. Smartest thing I've done since randomly buying 25 acres of forest is buying that Massey tractor. Spent its whole life running hay bales around just 30 miles from where it's parked. Well cared for. Cost me 5 grand... newer tractors anywhere close to that power is 25k or more lol. I'll be under 9k all in for full mechanical restore and a machine that will rarely stop for any reason for 50 years. It weighs more than a honda accord. Don't bump into ANYTHING no matter how slow ur goin..... don't ask....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Lol. It was a major upgrade from the previous... ummm...unwalled hole in ground. Zero to hero. I was called the "#1 of #2s" during the inaugural weekend. :tomato:

I was going to buy newer/smaller tractor but the emissions and electronics are a nightmare. Smartest thing I've done since randomly buying 25 acres of forest is buying that Massey tractor. Spent its whole life running hay bales around just 30 miles from where it's parked. Well cared for. Cost me 5 grand... newer tractors anywhere close to that power is 25k or more lol. I'll be under 9k all in for full mechanical restore and a machine that will rarely stop for any reason for 50 years. It weighs more than a honda accord. Don't bump into ANYTHING no matter how slow ur goin..... don't ask....

Guy I know out in Warrenton has one but as he got older the desire for indoor plumbing won.  

Is it a diesel?  Stuff from back then was BUILT.  Like they did stuff with cast iron and giant welds.  There wasn't minimal engineering to get the most with the least like stuff today.  I bet every part on that thing minus the spark plug weighs 25lbs.  Just be careful getting all the accessories you can run off the drive shaft.  lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

And I'm gonna ask.  Did you fell a tree with it?  Shove a boulder down the hill?  Mess up a truck playing bumper tractor?

Well... I was doing a really slow uturn in a driveway down the road and there was a nice gate that was open. No problem except I bumped the steel gate by the lower hinge on the post and it ripped out like tinfoil. Lol. I mean I barely felt it. Hahaha

Eta: it was no hit and run either. Folks were standing there complimenting my tractor. Yea... it wasn't too fun

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Well... I was doing a really slow uturn in a driveway down the road and there was a nice gate that was open. No problem except I bumped the steel gate by the lower hinge on the post and it ripped out like tinfoil. Lol. I mean I barely felt it. Hahaha

Farmers insurance <insert music here>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic