Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Idalia

hlcater

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

I’ve got a buddy with two properties in cape  coral and he’s there now

what do you think he is in for?

thanks 

I'm in Cape Coral. WINK news meteorologist Matt Devitt just categorically stated "This is NOT our storm". We'll have heavy rain and windy conditions. This is no different than the 2 storms that just barreled through this afternoon. I'll take 2-4 ft. of surge compared to the river that was running down my street during Ian. We luckily suffered little to no damage to our home in the "A" evacuation zone (we stayed home and rode it out). Prayers that the people hit by this storm fare better than we did. 

Tampa TV Mets are downplaying this storm bigly.   Saying this will be little more than a wind event for the area.  I hope they are right in their bravado.  

Unless thing’s drastically change it will be a surge and wind event is all. For anyone more than 2-3 miles inland this will most likely be no worse than multiple storms we have had already this year. Everything points to this going further north

• Weenie 10

5 minutes ago, dbullsfan said:

Unless thing’s drastically change it will be a surge and wind event is all. For anyone more than 2-3 miles inland this will most likely be no worse than multiple storms we have had already this year. Everything points to this going further north

This is about as bad a mentality to have at the threat of a major hurricane as could probably exist. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

This is about as bad a mentality to have at the threat of a major hurricane as could probably exist. 

Exactly.  People listening to tonight’s evening news trying to decide if they should follow evac orders certainly got a mixed message from the Mets here.  

• Like 2

I’m aware of the Tampa bubble which has evaded hurricane landfalls in the region for many decades.   I was not aware until tonight that the last major hurricane to hit the Big Bend was back in 1896!   If Idalia slams into the region as a Cat 3 or 4 it will be the first time most of the current structures in that area get tested by a proper storm 

1 hour ago, dbullsfan said:

Just the two most important factors that determine how bad a hurricane is.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

• hlcater changed the title to Hurricane Idalia