• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discobs 2023

George BM

Don't see the word frost very often in an AFD in August - from this morning AFD from LWX:

By Friday the front will have pushed through, which will usher
in cooler, but most noticeably, drier air into the region. Highs
on Friday will reach the mid 80s, but dew points will be well
down into the low to mid 50s.

With high pressure building overhead Friday night and such a dry
air mass in place, wouldn`t be shocked to see some of our high
elevation valleys down into the low to mid 40s, with even the
Shenandoah Valley perhaps dipping into the low 50s. No frost
concerns of course at this point, but could be a brisk night for
sure.
  • Like 2

A little surprised that the Kings Park West CoCoRaHs (about 2.5 miles away) reported slightly over 0.5" of rain from yesterday (the one almost around the corner hasn't reported). Just a very rough measurement of water that collected in a Home Depot bucket would have put MBY somewhere close to 1.00".

No matter what, definitely nice to get a few inches on the board in preparation for our upcoming drought.

• Like 1

Back to a nw/breezy/drought flow. Temps are nice. I can’t deny that. One thing that I’ve noticed is that following a frontal system, especially a GL to northeast traveler, there’s often times clouds building in from the nw in sync with daytime heating. It’s one of the reasons I typically prefer humidity around here lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Cold fronts/airmasses for this Saturday and then next Tuesday/Wednesday look beautiful. Dew points in the upper 40s/low 50s with temps in upper 70s/low 80s.

ooooo that sounds lovely. I took off work next week for the kiddo's last week of summer before school starts and was looking at what day we wanna go to Hershey. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

ooooo that sounds lovely. I took off work next week for the kiddo's last week of summer before school starts and was looking at what day we wanna go to Hershey. 

Still differences on next week. Euro, for example, keeps the heat around longer. Saturday looks locked in as a nice day.

Very nice morning out with upper 60s and calm.
TC Hilary means business for the southern CA desert with widespread 5-7 inch amounts with lollies of 7-10
image.png.5458e01bd69196cd71964564df4a5a4e.png

Looks like it’s gonna round the base of that building heat dome/Omega Block. Meanwhile, no substantial precip on the horizon here through early next week.

3 hours ago, 87storms said:

Looks like it’s gonna round the base of that building heat dome/Omega Block. Meanwhile, no substantial precip on the horizon here through early next week.

That's why I was so bummed to get zero rain from this past Sunday-Tuesday.  I have not received a trace of rain since August 7 and there's nothing in sight!

The weekend looks pretty damn nice, esp the early part. We shall see what happens next week, but for now on the GEFS, it looks like a brief spike in heat and humidity  Mon/Tues, followed by seasonable temps/relatively comfy dewpoints mid to late week as the C US upper ridge retrogrades westward with lower h5 heights arriving from the N/NE under a building NAO ridge. Appears to be a rather dry period regardless.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic