Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

47 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Sept heat/humidity isn't the same as JJA..shorter days/lower sun angle....

Yeah September and March have similar sun angles at the equinoxes… Shadows grow much, much faster in the evening than they do in July.

The duration of the peak heating is decently shorter. Even with heat, there’s this feeling of inevitability that the cold and dark season is coming as the days move by.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

Anyone have the radar loop of this from Scotland to Scituate RI

Can't upload the loop but this was BOX closest scan of the cell near Scotland.  This is not the same as the cell that hit Scituate fwiw, and the velocity loop did not really show the couplet very well.  Not sure if OKX might have seen something. But as I mentioned a few days ago, I thought this was the best organized cell of the day, at its peak.

Screenshot_20230821_211956_Chrome_crop_96.thumb.jpg.bb0b7226ff1a6e2aa697431208644734.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 7:39 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I thought the Tesla video would have caught the car that was allegedly picked up?

You would think so! Watching the news they said multiple witnesses said it was picked up and dropped on the south bound side. One said it was spinning while in the air. I went to look at the tree damage where it tracked. It was unbelievable trees snapped 10 to 15 feet above the ground and in a circular direction. A few houses were damaged. It hit in an area with few homes!