Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

58 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Bottom line. No one should be canceling summer and ending it . It’s the same as folks that cancel winter on Feb 10

No one is canceling summer, just no repeat of July’s long extend period of dews; Fresh Prince and Van Halen Summer music still playing into Sept

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I have this book that's about historical Connecticut tornadoes (or maybe it's weather). I got it like 3-4 years ago and ever read the whole thing...something about the way it was written wasn't sitting right with me.

Anyways, this was talked about. Apparently it was considered a miracle only 2 fatalities occurred during the New Britain to Coventry tornado. I think it mentioned the track deviated some but it was extremely close to a largely populated area and with the time of day the death toll could have easily been in the hundreds. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

what it lookin like?

Timing is a big question as is warm front progression, however, that is a fairly robust trough digging in with significant shortwave forcing. Dynamics are quite robust for this time of year with 50+ knots of bulk shear. If that warm front is able to penetrate inland (which based on SLP track/development I would think it should) and we get into the richer theta-e air there would be some severe potential. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

How much rain on Fishers Island this month? Was out on Block Island last week and it's crazy how green the lawns and everything is. I think they had like 9 inches of rain last month and I think they had like 3-5 again this month.

Screenshot_20230809_180228_Gallery.jpg

I don’t have a gauge out there, but it’s been plenty wet. Most of the rain seems to come in torrential downpours rather than sheer drizzle, which is fine by me. Golf courses are far less burned up than usual for this point in the summer, which is great aesthetically, but hurts my average drive length considerably. 

Honestly did not see cloudy and misty all day today. Anyone have stats on cloud cover for the summer? It feels like outside of a few weeks in July it has been excessively cloudy. Honestly hoping that we get a big shakeup soon to break this pattern. But I can almost guarantee we won't be putting up negative departures like we have in June and August come December and January. 

2 minutes ago, JustinRP37 said:

Honestly did not see cloudy and misty all day today. Anyone have stats on cloud cover for the summer? It feels like outside of a few weeks in July it has been excessively cloudy. Honestly hoping that we get a big shakeup soon to break this pattern. But I can almost guarantee we won't be putting up negative departures like we have in June and August come December and January. 

Today always looked shitty to me. 

• Like 1