Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August model and weather disco

weathafella

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I get what you're saying but I also think our perceptions have become very skewed over the past decade-plus. IMO, what has transpired over the past few weeks and how the upcoming stretch looks just seems like more typical summer weather for us. When we start seeing more consistent fronts with highs 60's up north and 70's elsewhere with dews 40's/lower 50's behind the fronts that's when I would consider the back breaking. 

SATURDAY? I was on the summer 2013 train back in May. Look up 2013 summer that's the way it seems we headed.

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

SATURDAY? I was on the summer 2013 train back in May. Look up 2013 summer that's the way it seems we headed.

?

I'm confused with what you're saying. 

The high heat never really materialized this summer and obviously time is rapidly dwindling to get high heat in here (or at least anything prolonged). 

But we've morphed into a typical summer pattern for these parts summarized by warm/humid weather followed by decreasing humidity when fronts move through. We will continue be in this type of pattern until the foreseeable future. Doesn't mean summer's back broke...it just means we're experiencing typical summer weather. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wonder if the hottest temps of the year are going to end up being that mid-April hot spell. Many stations haven't beat that yet.

Like 2009, our only time April was the year's hottest.  Also occurred at our former Gardiner home in 1990.  Both records were on 4/28.  The Farmington co-op touched 90 on both days, their only 90s in 130+ Aprils.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

?

I'm confused with what you're saying. 

The high heat never really materialized this summer and obviously time is rapidly dwindling to get high heat in here (or at least anything prolonged). 

But we've morphed into a typical summer pattern for these parts summarized by warm/humid weather followed by decreasing humidity when fronts move through. We will continue be in this type of pattern until the foreseeable future. Doesn't mean summer's back broke...it just means we're experiencing typical summer weather. 

Good summary :lol: 

We need actual metrics to define "Dews" and "Chamber of Commerce" weather 

I propose:

Dews: Over 65

"COC": Under 55

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Never seen so many small deer. I wonder if it was the warm winter last year? Took down this tree and by the time I got back there were four skippers munching on the collateral damage.

20230814_123407.jpg

We've had a ton this summer in the woods behind my house....definitely more than I normally see in the summer. Usually I see them more in winter because it's easier to spot them with no foliage/undergrowth. But this summer, I've glanced into the woods many times and saw them moving.

Also on a brighter note, the yellowjackets this summer have seen quite a bit fewer than normal. I'm wondering if some of the ground nests got flooded out during the heavier rain events. I'm sure I'll step on a nest in September now that I said this.

• Like 2